I can’t believe that Christmas is over. I am having major depression over taking my tree down. It looked so pretty this year and I love the smell of fresh pine. I feel like once we take down all of the Christmas decorations we are left with cold and boring January. Then all we look forward to around here is spring and for it to warm up again. On top of being in denial of taking the tree down, I have been sick. Being pregnant and sick is especially no fun! I am currently dreaming of my vacation to Hawaii and someone warm!
This dip on the other hand is the perfect party pleaser. It is the one that you bring to a family party that everyone loves! It is simple to throw together which is why I love to make it. Then the colorful layers give this dip a lot of textures and flavors. It is one of my favorite dips and I love to make it whenever we have a get together!
- 2 (16 oz) containers of Sour Cream
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- tortilla chips, pita chips, or ruffled potato chips for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, dried and dried parley. Once mixed transfer to a bowl or 9 inch pie plate.
- Place the sour cream on the bottom. Layer with bacon, cheese, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and garnish with additional tomatoes.
- Serve with chips.