I shared my favorite dough recipe the other day. I use it all of the time because it always turns our fantastic. One of my boys favorite things is homemade pizza and breadtwists. They are too die for. One of my favorites too!
So the thought came to me to turn it into a dessert. A cinnamon roll turned into a breadtwist dessert. Oh my goodness. I am shocked that there were any to even take pictures of. My boys said these were the best things I have ever made and declared that “I am the best cook ever!” But seriously how can they not be? Soft and delicious and ooey gooey like a cinnamon roll. But of course my favorite part. The cream cheese glaze on the top. I have to agree with my boys on this one. One of the best things that I have made and I am already dreaming of making them again. Maybe I will make them for breakfast. 🙂
- Dough Ingredients:
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 5 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
- Roll out the dough in a large square on a floured surface. Brush the dough with the melted butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter.
- Fold the dough in half. Cut the dough into one inch strips. A pizza cutter worked great for me!
- Twist the one inch strips of dough and place on a cookie sheet. Let that sit for another 10-15 minutes to raise.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. My oven took about 17 minutes for these to be lightly brown.
- To make the cream cheese glaze, combine softened cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth. Drizzle on top of the breadtwists.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017