A delicious breadtwist that is ooey and gooey like a cinnamon roll with a cream cheese glaze on top!
I shared my favorite dough recipe the other day. I use it all of the time because it always turns our fantastic. One of my boys favorite things is homemade pizza and breadtwists. They are too die for. One of my favorites too!
So the thought came to me to turn it into a dessert. A cinnamon roll turned into a breadtwist dessert. Oh my goodness. I am shocked that there were any to even take pictures of. My boys said these were the best things I have ever made and declared that “I am the best cook ever!” But seriously how can they not be? Soft and delicious and ooey gooey like a cinnamon roll. But of course my favorite part. The cream cheese glaze on the top. I have to agree with my boys on this one. One of the best things that I have made and I am already dreaming of making them again. Maybe I will make them for breakfast. 🙂
Cinnamon Roll Breadtwists
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 5 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
- Roll out the dough in a large square on a floured surface. Brush the dough with the melted butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter.
- Fold the dough in half. Cut the dough into one inch strips. A pizza cutter worked great for me!
- Twist the one inch strips of dough and place on a cookie sheet. Let that sit for another 10-15 minutes to raise.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. My oven took about 17 minutes for these to be lightly brown.
- To make the cream cheese glaze, combine softened cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth. Drizzle on top of the breadtwists.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.