Delicious homemade three cheese alfredo gets tossed with pasta, broccoli and chicken. It is quick and easy and out of this world good! It will become an instant favorite!
With school back in session and activities and homework it gets tricky to cook for the family each night. I totally get that. Life is so busy and isn’t going to slow down anytime soon. So isn’t it awesome when you find a delicious meal that is on the dinner table within 30 minutes? This is one of those meals and you need to make it tonight. Trust me.
Because I cook so much and our family loves anything alfredo, I have been able to perfect the sauce. I am telling you. This is restaurant quality sauce that is full of flavor and you can make it right at home. The alfredo sauce is literally the best part of this meal. It is hard to find a good alfredo sauce in the jar… ( yuck!) But this alfredo sauce has been perfected and you won’t ever want to make it any other way!
So how could I make this alfredo sauce even better? Is that even possible?? Yes it was. Add more cheese. 🙂
Oh my goodness. The cheese in the sauce. I wish I could have had a video of adding the pasta to this three cheese alfredo. It was so melty and gooey and just coated the pasta, chicken, and broccoli so well. I couldn’t wait to eat it!
I can guarantee this will be one of the best meals that you make. And if you love alfredo like we do then you will make it again and again!
- 1 pound penne pasta noodles, or pasta of choice
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 cups of broccoli, steamed
- Three Cheese Alfredo Sauce:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream (2 cups)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- optional- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the three cheese alfredo sauce. In a large skillet add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Add mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat. Add cooked chicken and broccoli. Toss to coat and serve immediately. Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese if desired.
- *when I am short on time I buy frozen broccoli and steam it in the microwave, and pre cooked chicken from the store and this delicious meal comes together in 15 minutes! I also half the recipe and freeze the other half in a casserole dish and top with extra cheese and bake it for another night.
This is amazing!!
More 5 star alfredo recipes:
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017