When we were in North Carolina this summer, our friend Erick, gave us this recipe for Jalapeno Popper Dip. He told me that the dip is incredible and one of his favorite recipes. I am not the biggest jalapeno fan so I was waiting to make it for a big group of people. Football season seemed the best time to give this recipe a whirl.
Holy cow!! This recipe is the best dip that I have ever had! Fear not the jalapeno! The cream cheese helped to cool it down. Everything combined in this dip helped to make it incredible from the bacon , to the cheese to everything inside! I think I ate half the dip just by myself. This dip didn’t last very long and everyone wanted the recipe. I still can’t get over how yummy this was! If you are looking for a crowd pleasing dip, you are going to love this one!
- 8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 jalapeños, chopped and deseeded (the seeds will make it fiery hot!)
- 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- 1 cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix bacon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, jalapeños, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and green onion. Spread in a 1½ quart casserole dish.
- For the topping, combine crushed ritz crackers, parmesan cheese and melted butter. Spread on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until the top is starting to brown and the edges start to bubble.