Blackened Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa are made with so many fresh ingredients and the blackened cajun shrimp takes it to the next level with flavor! These are some healthy and delicious tacos you have got to try!
I have officially joined the soccer mom club. Well, lacrosse mom club. Both of my boys wanted to play this year and it has taken our lives over. It seems like me and my little girl live in our car during the week taking both of my boys back and forth to practices. Then on Saturday we are watching games all day. It is fun and both of my boys love to play. But man, it is a lot of work keeping up with life in general and lacrosse.
Because we are always on the go it has been so hard to get the family together for dinner. They grab something quick before they head to a 2 hour practice. Well last week I was craving some fresh and delicious meals. It was time to make something that was healthy and full of amazing flavor.
This recipe starts with this blackened cajun shrimp. I love cajun seasoning because it has so many spices combined in one to really add a kick. It was perfect seasoning the shrimp and makes a nice crisp seasoned edge on the shrimp.
When thinking of what to put inside of these tacos I knew that an avocado salsa had to be involved. I LOVE avocado salsa and could literally eat it with a spoon. Fresh avocados, tomatoes, red onion, black beans, and corn with a squeeze of a fresh lime. This really took these tacos to the next level!
I kept debating whether or not to add a fresh homemade dressing to drizzle on the top but nope. These tacos were perfect as is. The cajun shrimp added just enough flavor and spices and the avocado salsa was full of fantastic and fresh flavor.
These tacos became an instant favorite. And you know what? They didn’t take much at all to make! The great thing about shrimp is that it is ready in just minutes. Then you just have to chop a few veggies for a simple avocado salsa.
And BAM! There you have it! Some amazing full of flavor tacos with simple and fresh ingredients that you will want to make again and again!
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined, remove tails if wanted
- 1 Tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Avocado salsa:
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled feta for topping, optional
- 4-6 flour tortillas for serving
- In a medium sized bowl add the shrimp and cajun seasoning. Toss until coated. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add olive oil and shrimp. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until no longer pink.
- To make the avocado salsa: Add the tomatoes, corn, black beans, red onion, avocado, and cilantro to a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the tacos dividing the avocado salsa and topping with shrimp. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and serve immediately.