Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers marinate in the very best homemade hawaiian teriyaki sauce! Loaded with peppers, fresh pineapple and red onions, these make an incredible and vibrant meal!
Spring finally decided to make its debut here this past week and we were so excited to come out of hibernation. Spring time here in Utah can be quite difficult. You get just a little glimpse of warmth and sun and then it snows. But last week it was sunny and nice for an entire week! So nice that we had to crank the air conditioner on.
We spend as much time outside when the sun comes out and we especially look forward to throwing something delicious on the BBQ. My homemade hawaiian teriyaki sauce is the bomb. I have never tasted anything so good and my family always raves over it. It is a definite tried and true recipe at our house and took these Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers to the next level!
I love cooking skewers on the grill and wanted to add bright colored peppers, red onions, and pineapple with this delicious chicken. I love, love, love grilled peppers and grilled pineapple so you know that this was an instant favorite for me! They looked so pretty and vibrant waiting to go onto the grill.
As soon as they came off of the grill you slather some more of this thick and delicious Hawaiian teriyaki sauce on top and serve them right away. You guys. These were SO good!! Your tastebuds are going to be missing out if you don’t give these a try. Make sure that you put them on your list of delicious things to grill right away. You will NOT regret it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 yellow red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into 1 inch cubes
- green onions, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, pepper, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk into the mixture.
- Bring to boil and boil about 1-3 minutes until the mixture just starts to thicken. Remove from heat and reserve ¼ cup of the sauce for later.
- Marinate the chicken in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Thread the chicken on skewers along with the peppers, red onion, and pineapple.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes until the meat is done to desired liking. Remove from the grill and baste with reserved sauce. Garnish with green onions if desired.
You will also love these grilling recipes: