This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This air fryer quesadilla recipe is the BEST and ONLY way to make a quesadilla. A perfectly crisp tortilla on the outside bursting with cheesy goodness on the inside, you will love how easy you can make a quesadilla in just minutes!
Making quesadillas in the air fryer is literally life-changing! They cook evenly, the melty cheese is delicious, and the tortilla has a crispy golden texture that results in a restaurant-status quesadilla. This is an easy weeknight meal idea that can be made complete with salsa, rice, and beans.
What is an Air Fryer Quesadilla?
Two simple ingredients create a classic Mexican quesadilla. All you need is cheese and tortillas, and the air fryer does all the work! Everyone loves a cheesy, crispy, and warm quesadilla to enjoy as a snack, lunch, or any time of day. Follow my tips below for ideas on how to make this a heartier meal by adding meat, veggies, or beans.
Quesadillas can also be served as an appetizer or side dish to any meal. They are a great after-school snack idea, but they also go along with dinner. My kids LOVE when I serve quesadillas with this easy taco soup or our favorite tortilla soup. I also love to serve them as a side dish with this incredible avocado chicken!
A recipe doesn’t get any easier than 2 ingredients. And you most likely already have them on hand! This recipe is my go-to air fryer recipe when I’m in a time crunch. You’ll always want to have tortillas in your pantry and cheese in your fridge so you can make them! Whip these up on those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to make dinner.
- Flour Tortillas: Flour tortillas are my favorite because they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! But corn tortillas are also delicious if you’re gluten-free.
- Colby-Jack Cheese: I love using freshly grated Colby-jack cheese, but feel free to use any cheese you like.
Let’s Make Air Fryer Quesadillas
This air fryer quesadilla recipe is so easy to follow and the results are perfect every time! I love that I just throw the folded tortilla and cheese into the air fryer basket, then the air fryer does the rest. Wrap your quesadillas with foil to keep them warm if you need. It is easily my FAVORITE air fryer recipe and I can’t wait for you to see why I love it so much!
- Add Cheese on Tortillas: Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of each tortilla, then fold the tortilla in half. Divide the cheese between each tortilla using more or less to your liking.
- Fold and Cook: Carefully place the folded tortillas in the air fryer basket and cook at 350° Fahrenheit for 3 minutes. Flip the quesadillas and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes or cook longer to the desired doneness.
- Serve: Serve immediately and enjoy with toppings and salsa!
Air fryer quesadillas are so versatile because you can create them to fit your taste buds and your cravings. Quesadillas can be more than just cheese. Switch up the seasonings and flavors, or add veggies or meat to make it a full meal. Any way you choose to make them will be AMAZING!
- Cheese: You can use any cheese or any combination of cheeses. I prefer Colby jack, but for a kick use pepper jack!
- Meat: These are vegetarian, but you can easily add in chicken or beef for a heartier meal.
- Add Some Heat: I also love adding jalapenos or red pepper flakes to make it spicy!
- Add-ins: To mix it up you can add in rice or beans. Black beans or refried beans are the best!
- Veggies: Sneak in some nutrients by adding veggies like corn, bell peppers or onions.
- Dipping Options: Serve with salsa verde, sour cream, or guacamole on the side for dipping!
Leftover air fryer quesadillas are great for quick snacks or meals! Rewarming them in the air fryer doesn’t take long at all. You can make a fresh quesadilla in the time it takes you to rewarm the leftovers, but if you do have leftover quesadillas just follow the directions below to enjoy them later.
- In the Refrigerator: Place leftovers in an airtight container or sealable bag. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. I like to separate them with paper towels to help them not get soggy.
- In the Freezer: Wrap the quesadillas individually in parchment paper then place them in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag or sealable container. Make sure to lay them flat in the freezer. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: You can reheat them in the microwave but the tortilla will become soft. To keep the crisp outside, reheat the quesadilla in the air fryer. Cook at 350° Fahrenheit for about 3 minutes or until warmed through.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Air Fryer Quesadilla
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup Colby-jack cheese, shredded
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of each tortilla, then fold the tortilla in half. Divide the cheese between each tortilla using more or less to your liking.
- Carefully place the folded tortillas in the air fryer basket and cook at 350° Fahrenheit for 3 minutes. Flip the quesadillas and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes or cook longer to the desired doneness.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with toppings on the side!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.