Cowboy caviar is a delicious blend of canned beans, corn and fresh Roma tomatoes, onions and avocados all chopped and prepared to be mixed together to start dipping in. This appetizer is easy to make and has a fresh and flavorful blend!
This is the perfect combination of a savory appetizer! If you are a dip fan and need an easy and delicious appetizer, try this 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip, Asiago Dip or Loaded Creamy Ranch Dip (Poolside Dip).
Mouthwatering Cowboy Caviar
This easy cowboy caviar is so simple to make and comes together in a matter of minutes. It is one of the best dips and so fresh from start to finish. Watch this dip disappear within minutes of stirring it all together!
Dip your favorite hard, crispy chips right into the ultimate cowboy dip. Load the chip up and enjoy the party right in your mouth! It is that good. Any chip will do but the thicker and bigger the chip, the easier it is to stack it tall with cowboy caviar and crunch down. Your family will love this for an appetizer, snack or game night!
Easy Cowboy Caviar Ingredients:
The ingredients for this cowboy caviar are simple and fresh! Each ingredient adds texture, flavor and all together compliments each other. Make this cowboy caviar as easy as possible and start dipping!
- Black Beans and Black Eyed Peas: Cans are easiest and can be opened quickly and then poured in.
- Red Onion: Dice the onions into small cubes.
- Corn: This corn can be from a can or even fresh.
- Avocados: Slice and dice the avocados into large chunks.
- Roma Tomatoes: Freshly diced and cut into cubes.
- Cilantro: Perfect blend of heat and sweetness.
- Jalapeno: Spiciness added into the dip.
- Olive Oil: Creates a moist mixture with lots of flavor.
- Lime: Juice of one lime
- Cumin and Chili Powder: Add in a hint of spice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to Make the Ultimate Cowboy Caviar:
This appetizer is the perfect dip and comes together quickly and easily. Simply prepare and cut up most ingredients then place in a bowl together to be tossed. All th ingredients mixed together makes the perfect combination!
- Mix Together: In a medium sized bowl combine black beans, black eyed peas, onion, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder. Toss until combined and coated. Salt and pepper to taste.
Variations of Cowboy Caviar:
Mix and match your favorite ingredients to make it your own. Try it sweet and savory with a little more spice. So many options to choose from!
- Beans: Instead of canned beans, try using dried beans. These are healthier with a lower sodium content and just as easy as the canned beans.
- Vinegar: Add in using apple cider vinegar or red whine vinegar for a hint of sweetness with a little bit of tart taste.
- Onions: Mix together white, yellow or a few green onions to mix in to the caviar.
- Spicy: Make the appetizer a little more spicy, add in the seeds from the jalapeño. For less spineless, use less jalapeño and onions.
Storing Fresh Dip:
It is easy to store this fresh cowboy caviar. Avocado is the only ingredient that tends to turn brown and discolor. If you are looking to store this I would leave out avocado until you are about to serve the dip.
- Make ahead: Mix together all the ingredients except for the avocado. Leave that out until you are ready to serve the appetizer. This will last covered in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days ahead of time.
- Storing: If you are worried about storing for a long period of time, prepare each ingredient and set aside in their own individual containers. When ready to serve, place everything into a mixing bowl and gently stir it together, mixing and blending it well.
- Leftover Ideas: This cowboy caviar is the best and will even benefit on a few other inspired recipes like an omelet, top any meat or toss it in a green salad for added flavoring.
More Dips to Try!
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Must Try Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- Addicting Bean Dip
- Awesome 7 Layer Dip
- California Avocado Dip
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl combine black beans, black eyed peas, onion, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder. Toss until combined and coated. Salt and pepper to taste.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.