Hey guys! It’s Liz from Love Grows Wild, and I’m so excited to be back with this awesome recipe… I think you’re going to love it! If you follow me already, you probably know how much I LOVE breakfast foods. Anything I can drench in butter and syrup makes me a very happy girl. Buttermilk pancakes and raspberry butter… oh yeah, baby!
But I don’t only love the sweeter side of breakfast foods. I’m a big fan of the savory stuff too! Crispy, salty bacon with a pile of soft scrambled eggs and some cheddar cheese melted on top… now that’s how I like to start my Saturday mornings! But some weekends I like to switch up the usual bacon and eggs routine and turn it into a delicious, beautiful Bacon and Cheddar Breakfast Pizza!
Breakfast pizza? Pizza for breakfast? Now we’re talking! Even though this recipe is simply bacon and eggs piled onto a pizza crust, trust me when I say that this breakfast pizza will earn you major brownie points with anyone you serve it to.
“Kids, it’s time for breakfast!”
“What are we having, Mom?”
“It’s PIZZA for breakfast!”
Total cool Mom status, right? Okay, let’s get to the recipe!
First, scramble up some eggs until they are just cooked through but still nice and soft. They’ll cook a little more in the oven later, so keep them just a tad on the undercooked side.
Then take a package of refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury, but feel free to make your own pizza dough if you like) and bake it for about 5 minutes. Create a “pizza sauce” by combining a little bit of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise and spread it in a thin layer over the crust.
Now add the scrambled eggs…
… the crispy bacon and LOTS of cheddar cheese. Because every good pizza needs tons of gooey, melted cheese, right? Already this pizza is shaping up to look pretty amazing!
After another 5-7 minutes in the oven and a sprinkle of chopped green onions, this is how your scrumptious breakfast pizza will look!
Cut yourself a nice, big slice, and enjoy!
Bacon and Cheddar Breakfast Pizza
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust dough I used Pillsbury thin crust
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 10 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spread the pizza crust on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon until crisp and remove to a plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the skillet. Add the eggs and milk to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour the eggs into the skillet with bacon drippings and scramble until just set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a small bowl and spread a thin layer over the pizza crust as a "sauce". Add the scrambled eggs over the sauce, then top with the cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake the pizza for another 5-7 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and cut into slices to serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.