This recipe for homemade seasoning salt will have you making this from scratch and never buying it at the store again! It has the perfect amount of flavor that is ideal for adding to any dish!
What Make Seasoning Salt at Home?
I’ve been waiting for this question! Once you make this seasoning salt at home, you will know precisely why it’s so superior to store-bought seasoning. But, if you haven’t made it yet, let me convince you! The taste of homemade seasoning is obviously the first reason why I make it at home. I can add and take away ingredients that I love or don’t care for to make this seasoning salt fit EXACTLY what I need. Whether I want it spicy, salty, or just more flavorful, I can make that happen when I mix up the ingredients on my own!
The next reason comes in as a close second when you realize just how convenient making seasonings at home is! I would say the majority of the time, I already have the spices and seasonings to mix to make my own seasonings. This makes it so easy to mix things up and not have to run to the store for that one thing. Seriously. Once you taste how good this seasoning salt is and how easy it is to make, you will never buy it at the store again! Sprinkle this over some french fries and you will be sold!
Ingredients in Homemade Seasoning Salt
Make this seasoning salt at home without having to make an extra trip to the store! This seasoning salt is so good and can be used in so many recipes. It’s definitely something that you want to have on hand at all times! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Salt: This is the main ingredient in this because, well, it’s seasoning salt!
- Black Pepper: If you want a little less spice and heat then you can decrease this amount. That’s the beauty of making this at home!
- Paprika: I love the sweet taste that paprika brings!
- Onion Powder: I love this flavor in this seasoning salt because it goes well on just about everything.
- Garlic Powder: This brings in a bold flavor without being too overbearing.
How to Make Homemade Seasoning
You can make this and keep it on hand whenever you need it. And make more at the drop of a hat when it runs out! This takes less than 5 minutes to put together, and the result is perfection!
- Combine: In a small bowl combine the salt, black pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Store in an air tight container.
How Long Can You Store Homemade Seasoning?
Homemade seasoning salt can last about 1-2 years. After that, it doesn’t go bad; it just loses its potency. Make sure that you are storing it in an airtight container (and label it with the date!) in a cool and dry place.
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl combine the salt, black pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Store in an air-tight container.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.