Authentic Caesar Dressing is rich creamy and so much better homemade than from a jar. You are going to love how simple this really is and the savory flavor is going to WOW you! It will Change the way you eat anything Caesar forever!
Dressing is one of the best ways to add flavor, you can put dressings on so many things besides salad too. Try these dressings on what ever you desire, from chicken, to wraps, and marinades. Greek Salad Dressing, Avocado Ranch Dressing, and Cilantro Lime Dressing.
Authentic Caesar Salad Dressing
Now I know what you might be thinking…Anchovies? Gross! But trust me the only way to really get that incredible authentic Caesar flavor is to use Anchovies. They provide that briny blast of goodness and that rich umami flavor. Umami literally means pleasant savory taste, which is exactly what the anchovies provide. You don’t want to leave it out.
This is luscious, velvety smooth and tangy. It will really elevate your Caesar recipes. Knowing what’s in your dressing always brings peace of mind too. It’s so easy to throw together, you won’t buy from the store again.
Caesar Dressing Ingredients:
This is so good you’ll want to keep these ingredients on hand.
- Anchovies in oil– Don’t be scared of anchovies, they are the authentic impeccable umami flavor of Caesar dressing. It’s a must have. Don’t worry it won’t be fishy. You can do this!
- Garlic Cloves-Fresh garlic will give the best flavor.
- Lemon Juice-recommend fresh lemon juice but if you don’t have it lemon juice from a bottle will work
- Dijon Mustard-It’s another essential ingredient to giving the dressing it’s classic flavor.
- Olive Oil– Olive oil mixes smoothly in dressings.
- Parmesan Cheese-Use grated parmesan for easy mixing.
- Pepper-Add just to taste
Making Authentic Dressing:
So simple to throw together. Seriously!
- In a food processor add the anchovies, egg yolks, garlic and lemon juice. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Add in the Dijon mustard, olive oil and parmesan cheese. Again pulse until smooth.
Tips for the Best Caesar Dressing:
- Anchovies– These are usually found in the canned fish aisle of your store and sold in glass jars or flat tins. If you don’t really want to use the fillet you can sub for anchovy paste. 1 anchovy fillet equals ½ teaspoon of anchovy paste. It will give a slightly different flavor, but still works.
- Capers– Still can’t do the anchovies? You can use capers instead, still not quite the same flavor but it will work. Start with 2 Tablespoons of capers and a splash of Worcestershire Sauce. Add more to taste.
- Egg Yolks– If you are worried about the raw egg or you’re pregnant be sure to use pasteurized eggs or you can use mayonnaise. Substitute 1 Tablespoon of mayo fo reach egg yolk.
Storing Salad Dressing:
- Fridge– Because of the egg yolk in this dressing it needs to be refrigerated immediately if not using right away. This will keep up to 3 days.
Recipes to Use with this Amazing Dressing:
This can be use on anything Caesar related or get creative and use it where ever you crave this tasty dressing!
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Avocado Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Authentic Caesar Dressing
- 6 anchovies in oil
- 2 egg yolks*
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- In a food processor add the anchovies, egg yolks, garlic and lemon juice. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Add in the dijon mustard, olive oil and parmesan cheese. Continue to pulse until smooth.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.