Perfect Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is soft and sweet and incredibly easy to make from scratch at home. It’s the best zucchini bread and tastes amazing for a satisfying breakfast or as delicious afternoon snack!
If your garden is overflowing with fresh zucchini try some of my other quick and easy zucchini recipes too. Bake Chocolate Zucchini Bread or Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins for more chocolate zucchini treats your family will love!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
This Chocolate Chip Zucchini bread recipe is so delicious it is impossible to stop eating. It can be enjoyed any time of the day and is tempting to keep going back to again and again! It is moist and sweet enough to be a dessert, but its packed with healthy zucchini and hearty ingredients that make it a filling bread. In fact, it’s a great way to sneak in vegetables because this light and tasty treat is bursting with semi-sweet chocolate flavor in every bite. This bread is just what the name says, perfect!
Versatile would be an understatement with this quick and easy to make zucchini bread, because it can be whipped together and ready for the oven in almost no time, it’s easy to double, and saves well for months of enjoyment! Either serve it fresh from the oven or store it for on-the-go zucchini filled breakfasts even after summer ends. This is a must try, super adaptable recipe your family will love!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Ingredients:
This quick bread recipe is made up of basic and familiar ingredients. They come together so easily to make the BEST homemade zucchini bread.
- All-purpose flour: Thickens the bread.
- Cinnamon: Adds the perfect warm spice.
- Salt: To taste, but just a pinch should be plenty.
- Baking Soda: Causes the bread to rise.
- Canola Oil: Keeps the bread moist as it bakes.
- Sugar: Adds sweetness!
- Brown Sugar: Rich molasses sugar adds both moistness and sweetness.
- Eggs: Binding agent that holds the bread together.
- Vanilla: Brings out all the flavors and adds its own rich taste.
- Sour Cream: Combine with the egg mixture to make the moistest bread.
- Zucchini: Grated and strained and dried as much as possible.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: Just the right chocolate flavor that’s not too sweet.
How to Make Quick Bread:
Simple and easy to make chocolate chip zucchini bread can be whipped together easily. A stress-free breakfast, snack, or dinner is ready after a few minutes of prep and an hour of baking. The hardest part is waiting for it to cook because this bread smells absolutely AMAZING as it bakes!
- Prep: First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, butter and flour a large 9″ bread pan and set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients: Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Beat sugars, oil, and eggs: In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together sugars, oil, and eggs for about 1-2 minutes until slightly fluffy. Add vanilla and sour cream.
- Combine ingredients: Next, fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips. Then, add the remaining dry flour ingredients. Finally, stir to combine and pour into prepared 9″ bread pan.
- Bake: Place in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. After 45 minutes mine was done. However, oven temperatures vary, so just make sure a toothpick entered in the center comes clean.
- Serve: Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and remove from pan. Delicious served a little warm, even with a little butter on top. 🙂
Tips for Easy Zucchini Bread:
A made-from-scratch loaf of moist bread is easier than you think! If you are wondering how to make it happen, here are some tips to remember as you are working on this recipe that will give you the best results every time!
- Peel: Grate your zucchini with or without the peel, either way works great. Finely shred the zucchini for best results.
- Shortcut: Use a food processor for quicker prep time instead of using a grater. It will be done with just a few pulses!
- Remove excess moisture: Zucchini is usually very moist. Dry it as much as possible before mixing it in with your other ingredients. To do this simply blot between paper towels.
- Don’t over-mix: Over-mixing will cause a the texture of your bread to be too dense instead of a light and soft texture.
- Storing: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days. To enjoy these for longer place them in the fridge for up to a week or the freezer for 3 months.
- Re-heating: Thaw for 3-4 hours and room temperature, or if you’re in a rush, microwave for 20 seconds.
Variations of Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread:
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread can be enjoyed fresh from the oven or stored and heated in just seconds for a delicious on-the-go breakfast. Versatile and easy to customize, this recipe makes the best zucchini bread and it will be a new favorite instantly!
- Frosting or Glaze: Drizzle a sweet frosting or glaze to the top of your bread to make an out of this world treat that is a great healthier dessert.
- Swirl: A smooth layer of cream cheese throughout the bread will make layers of soft and creamy flavor. To create the swirl, you will simply layer half the batter, then the cream cheese mixture and the other half of the batter. The mixture comes together quickly by combining 8 ounces of cream cheese with an egg, ¼ cup sugar, and ¼ cup flour. Also try this Swirled Banana Cream Cheese Bread for incredible flavor.
- Fruit: To make your bread even more moist add in up to a cup of mashed bananas for more depth of flavor and incredibly soft texture. Or try adding strawberries for an amazing chocolate and strawberry combination.
- Crunch: Add peanuts, walnuts or pecans for a bit of crunch and nutty flavor.
- Presentation: Bake in a loaf pan to slice or in a muffin tray to create hit muffins that are easy to store and enjoy one at a time.
- Spice: To transition this bread between seasons add a pinch of Homemade Pumpkin Spice for a warm fall/winter flavor or a squeeze of lemon juice for a brighter flavor.
- Serve: Spread Homemade Plant Butter, whipped cream, or nutella all over this warm freshly made bread for flavor you won’t be able to live without.
More Yummy Zucchini Recipes:
- Chocolate Swirl Zucchini Bread
- Pistachio Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread with Lemon Glaze
- Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Zucchini Pizza
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1 Cup All Purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1 and 1/2 Cups zucchini grated and strained
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a large 9" bread pan and set aside. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together sugars, oil, and eggs for about 1-2 minutes until slightly fluffy. Add vanilla and sour cream.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips. Add the remaining dry flour ingredients. Stir to combine and pour into prepared 9" bread pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. I set a time for 45 minutes and mine was done at that time. Oven temperatures vary, so just make sure a toothpick entered in the center comes clean.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and remove from pan. Delicious served a little warm, even with a little butter on top. 🙂
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Very moist and flavorful. Chocolate chips sank to the bottom..I wish I folded it better. Overall a recommend trying this recipe. A side note: a the serving size is more 8 to 10 if you want this as breakfast or dinner option
Hope to get the recipes soon