This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Ready to be blown away by this smooth and creamy cottage cheese dip? You might not expect it, but it’s a protein powerhouse, boasting a whopping 24 grams of protein per cup! Don’t underestimate cottage cheese, because once you taste this flavorful dip loaded with herbs, spices, and hard-boiled eggs (reminiscent of deviled eggs), you’ll keep coming back for seconds and thirds.
Deviled Egg Cottage Cheese Dip
You may have seen this dip floating around social media- it’s going viral for good reason! Because this cottage cheese dip is made with hard boiled eggs, a lot of people have been saying that it tastes like deviled eggs! Switch up your potluck go-to and try bringing this dip instead! Trust me, everyone is going to love it. It’s just too flavorful and creamy to pass up.
If you’re not already convinced, this cottage cheese dip is macro and keto-friendly, and perfect for working into your diet. It’s high protein and low calorie, with 36 grams of protein total! (The cottage cheese alone has 24 grams of protein per cup. Don’t sleep on cottage cheese, it’s a great way to pack protein into your diet!) And if you’re not a fan of cottage cheese texture, don’t worry! Blending it makes it completely smooth. It’s the same texture as a dip made with sour cream.
Ingredients You Will Need
Put all these simple ingredients together, and you’ve got the viral deviled egg cottage cheese dip, a crowd-pleaser that’ll have everyone asking for the recipe. Grab some chips, crackers, or veggies, and let the dipping begin!
- Cottage Cheese: This creamy goodness forms the base of our awesome viral deviled egg cottage cheese dip. When it’s blended it becomes smooth and mild, making it a perfect canvas for all the other flavors.
- Hard-Boiled Egg: The classic deviled egg star! We mash it up and toss it in to give the dip that familiar and comforting taste. Plus, it adds in some extra.
- Hard-Boiled Egg Yolks: The secret ingredient for extra richness!
- Dijon or Yellow Mustard: A zesty kick that brings tanginess and a hint of spice to the mix. On TikTok I’ve seen this dip most commonly made with yellow mustard, but Dijon is great too! I love the flavor it adds.
- Distilled White Vinegar: Adds a subtle pop of acidity.
- Chopped Fresh Dill: Fresh and herby, dill adds delicious flavor to the cottage cheese dip.
- Chopped Fresh Chives: Chives add a mild onion-y flavor and a pop of color.
- Paprika: Adds warmth and a smoky flavor without being overpowering.
- Salt and Pepper: Basic ingredients that add an extra layer of flavor. Season to taste!
Deviled Egg Cottage Cheese Dip Recipe
Why buy store-bought dip when you can whip up this cottage cheese dip in minutes? Just add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until you get your desired consistency. It’s so easy, you’ll want it all the time.
- Blend: Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste-Test: Taste and then adjust as needed.
- Serve: Serve with crackers, vegetables, or bread like crostini for dipping.
Tips and Variations
Good news, this cottage cheese dip is super adaptable. You can make it just the way you like it! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Type of Cottage Cheese: Any kind of cottage cheese will work in this recipe, but the higher the fat content the creamier the result.
- Using Dried Herbs: If using dried herbs, stick with using 1/4-1/2 teaspoon instead of the full teaspoon, since dried herbs tend to have more potent flavors and can overwhelm the dip.
- Add Mustard to Taste: Adjust the mustard and vinegar amounts according to your taste! I like an acidic, mustardy deviled egg, so I tend to be heavy-handed when adding those ingredients. Though yellow or Dijon mustard will have the most “deviled egg” flavor, any kind of mustard will work. Hot or whole-grain mustard would be a great substitute.
- Pickle Dip: If you love pickles, swap the vinegar for pickle juice, or even add a slice or two of your favorite pickle!
- Use as a Spread: You can also use cottage cheese dip as a spread for sandwiches or burgers!
Switch Up the Flavor
Here are some other ideas for cottage cheese dip if you want to try something other than deviled egg flavor:
- Ranch Dip: Add dry ranch seasoning mix.
- Buffalo Dip: Crumbled blue cheese and buffalo sauce.
- Queso: Throw in a little taco seasoning, Mexican blend shredded cheese, and warm it after it’s blended for queso.
- Sweet Dip: Add honey, vanilla, and a little lemon or lime juice.
How Long Does Cottage Cheese Dip Last?
You can keep your cottage cheese dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. It’s perfect for breaking out when you get snacky!
Make sure you don’t leave it at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Cottage Cheese Dip
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust as needed.
- Serve with crackers, vegetables, or bread for dipping.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.