Chicken that gets coated in lemon pepper seasoning and is baked to tender and juicy perfection. The brown butter garlic lemon sauce is absolutely incredible!
It is spring so I like to lemon all the things. Actually I love lemon all year round but I like to take advantage of it while it is popular. My favorite spice to use is the lemon pepper spice. I love lemon with some pepper and it really takes this chicken to a whole different and delicious level.
This recipe is so easy to make. And it seems so impressive. I bake the chicken in the oven and then I broiled the tops so they could get that nice crisp edge and tender and juicy center.
Right before the chicken was done I made the amazing brown butter garlic lemon sauce. Holy yum! The brown butter is just one extra step and is absolutely amazing. All of the flavors in the sauce came together so well and it was the perfect finishing touch to this lemon pepper chicken.
A quick and easy recipe that is full of such delicious flavor! This is one that you are going to love!
- 4-5 chicken thighs (chicken breasts can also work)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season the chicken thighs with the lemon pepper seasoning. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked throughout. Broil the last couple of minutes to get the crisp tops.
- In a medium skillet add the butter and cook over medium high heat. Continue to whisk for a few minutes until the butter starts to become frothy and brown. Add in the chicken broth, garlic, and juice of one lemon. Add the chicken thighs to the skillet and coat in the sauce. Let simmer for a couple of minutes before serving.
- This was great served over rice with the brown butter lemon garlic sauce drizzled on top! Yum!