This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This No-Bake Oreo Pie is going to steal the show! It’s so quick and easy you might find yourself making it everyday!
Easy No-Bake Oreo Pie
I am not sure I have ever met anyone who doesn’t like Oreos. They are chocolatey, but not overpowering, with a wonderful crunch and sweet cream filling. Oreos, I dare say are addicting. I could Oreos in just about any form, and I have recipes to prove it. From Hot Chocolate to Milkshakes to Cheesecake and Brownies, I have oreo recipes to satisfy. So this pie is definitely a new family favorite.
The Oreo crust combines with the butter and is pressed into a scrumptious crust that is perfect for the pudding filling. Using half and half or whole milk creates a creamy texture that is absolutely divine. It’s smooth and creamy but not overly heavy. The extra Oreos that are stirred in gives everyone some crunchy oreo in every bite. Top it off with homemade whipped topping and garnish with more Oreos and you have potluck or picnic favorite. The bonus, this no bake oreo pie is fast, easy and luscious!
Ingredients for Simple Oreo Pie
- Butter: melted
- Oreo cookie crumbs: about 24 cookies
- Oreo instant pudding mix: Can be substituted for other pudding, see below.
- Half and half or whole milk: A must, do not use skim or low fat.
- Chopped Oreos: Leave chunky.
- Heavy whipping cream: For the whipped topping.
- Powdered sugar: Blends neatly with the whipped topping.
- Oreos: for garnish
How to Make Oreo Pie With Pudding
- Crumbs: In a blender or a food processor, add 24 Oreos and pulse until it becomes a wet powder resembling set sand. This can alternatively be done by hand in a large ziplock bag with a rolling pin.
- Mix: Melt ¼ cup butter and mix with the oreo crumbs.
- Form: Press evenly into a 9-inch pie pan and put it in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling.
- Mix: In a medium bowl, whisk together the oreo pudding powder and the half and half. Set aside for 5 minutes or so, allowing the pudding to thicken up.
- Stir: Fold in the chopped Oreos and pour into your prepared pie crust.
- Cream: Beat the cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread across the top of your pie. Add Oreos for garnish.
- Fridge: Chill the pie in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or overnight, before serving.
Tips and Variations for Oreo Pudding Pie
This pie is so scrumptious on it’s own, in original form, but there are so many ways to vary it as well.
- Using half and half: Mixing the pudding with half and half or whole milk will create a creamy rich and thick texture that is absolutely decadent and light all at the same time. It has all the texture of being rich but won’t weigh heavy in your gut.
- Pudding variations: If you cannot find cookies and cream pudding, don’t worry there are several options that you can substitute and still have a dreamy dessert. Try vanilla, white chocolate, coconut cream, chocolate fudge, and even cheesecake pudding.
- Oreo variations: Oreo has come out with just about every flavor under the sun it seems like and I cannot wait to try them all in pie form. Mint, peanut butter, and caramel coconut are all on my bucket list to try. Pick your favorite kind and go for it. You can make the crust from the same kind of Oreos or keep it original either way. Also, mix and match the puddings to go with your Oreos.
- Crust variations: Speaking of crusts, if you want you can use a different oreo for the crust, or to make it less oreo-y use graham crackers for the crust. For even quicker assembly use a store-bought crust.
- Pan size: This can also be made in an 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
- Double: This pie recipe can be doubled and made in a 9×13 pan or make two pies at once. Freeze one for later.
- Oreo chunks: When I chop the Oreos, I like to leave large chunks so that everyone gets good bite-sized cookies in their piece of the pie.
Storing No-Bake Oreo Pie
This is best eaten within the first 24 hours, and if you have leftovers, you are lucky!a
- Storage: Keep this tightly wrapped in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: This is a wonderful pie to freeze. Cover tightly in plastic wrap and then foil and freeze for up to a month. Thaw in the fridge a day before or overnight.
- Make-Ahead: Because the stores well you can make it up to a day in advance. Keep in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
No Bake Oreo Pie
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 cups oreo cookie crumbs about 24 cookies
- 2 4.2 oz boxes Oreo instant pudding mix Boxes
- 2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1 cup chopped oreos
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- Oreos for garnish
- In a blender or a food processor, add 24 oreos and pulse until it becomes a wet powder resembling set sand. This can alternatively be done by hand in a large ziplock bag with a rolling pin.
- Melt ¼ cup butter and mix with the oreo crumbs.
- Press evenly into a 9 inch pie pan and put in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oreo pudding powder and the half and half. Set aside for 5 minutes or so, allowing the pudding to thicken up.
- Fold in the chopped oreos and pour into your prepared pie crust.
- Beat the cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread across the top of your pie. Add oreos for garnish.
- Chill the pie in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or overnight, before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.