Strawberry Banana Bread is a blend of fresh, juicy strawberries mixed with bananas that make this bread soft and moist in every slice. This is quick and easy bread that your family is going to love!
Bread is always a warm and delicious snack to have. If you love fresh baked bread try this Banana Bread Crumb Cake, Blueberry Banana Bread or Lemon Almond Poppyseed Quick Bread.
Strawberry Banana Bread
These winter months always have me craving fresh fruits and vegetables. With this quick and easy strawberry banana bread, you know that you are bringing summer back with every bite. It is warm, fresh and SO delicious! You will love this strawberry banana bread recipe and how easily it comes together.
This bread is a simple to make quick bread perfect for breakfast or as a snack! I love banana bread, but when you add fresh strawberries it takes this bread to a whole new level of deliciousness! And when this bread is baking in the oven, it makes your house smell amazing. Stop what you are doing and go preheat that oven!
What do I need to make Strawberry Banana Bread?
- Butter: Allow to soften on the counter or soften in microwave about 10 seconds.
- Granulated sugar: Adds sweetness
- Eggs: beaten
- Bananas: Use very ripe and mashed with a fork or mixer
- Flour: Gives structure to the bread.
- Baking soda: Leavening agent that causes the bread to rise.
- Salt: Just a pinch
- Fresh strawberries: Chopped & tossed in flour
How to Make Baked Bread
Prep: Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray two 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Large bowl: In a large bowl, using a KitchenAid Stand Mixer with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Small bowl: In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork. Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
Sift dry ingredients: Sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX! Fold in floured covered strawberries.
Bake: Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake at 375*F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350*F and bake for an additional 30 minutes until edges are slightly brown or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from loaf pans.
Variations and Substitutions
- Butter: Salted butter will also work for this. Just leave out the pinch of salt.
- Sugar: If you love a little more sweetness, substitute white sugar for brown sugar or going healthier try coconut sugar.
- Bananas: Use frozen bananas by thawing them overnight at room temperature. If there is any liquid from the bananas, simply discard that before mashing in the recipe.
- Chocolate chips: Who can resist chocolate! Chocolate chips can be sprinkled on top, in the batter or both!
- Nuts or seeds: I do love walnuts but pecans, sunflower seeds or pecans also make for an added soft crunch.
- Fresh Local fruit: Use whatever you find that looks amazing at your local farmers market. Try cranberries, blueberries or raspberries change this banana bread into something fresh and fruity!
More Delicious Strawberry Baking Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins
- Homemade Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Muffins with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Perfect Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter (1 Stick) softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries chopped & tossed in 1 Tablespoon of flour
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray two 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a KitchenAid Stand Mixer with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork. Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX! Fold in floured covered strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake at 375*F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350*F and bake for an additional 30 minutes until edges are slightly brown or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from loaf pans.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Has anyone made this with 1:1 gluten free flour? Just wondering about the results before I try it!
Hi should you use salted or unsalted butter?
I like using unsalted butter but either will work just fine for this recipe.
Can it be made without sugar?
It is best to leave it in and follow the instructions for best results.
I just used brown sugar instead of white sugar and a wooden spoon instead of a mixer and it turned out fantastic! It tastes really good and I would highly recommend trying this recipe.
Thank you SO much for sharing this great recipe! Have made this several times doubling the recipe to get three generous loaves. Used frozen strawberries instead and baked an extra 10 minutes. Comes out with crispy crust on top, perfectly moist inside. My go to recipe for banana bread recipe from now on.
It was so good and went quick. I put in two loaf pans and it came out perfect, no doughy middle. Added 1 tablespoon vanilla. Only problem was mushy strawberry. Chopping then smaller next time.
Hie, This Recipe looks Very tasty and I will try to make this recipe and feed everyone. Thanks.
This bread is delicious and a big hit with everyone I’ve made it for, but it does not make enough for two normal-sized loaves. The loaves are only about an inch-and-a-half high. I usually use about 2/3 of the batter for one loaf and the rest I spoon into a muffin tin for about six muffins.
Also, the site won’t let me pick five stars, but that’s what I would rate it.
Hey, I love this recipes and I made it by my self, that was so tasty. Every one loves this recipe.
Wow! We love this tasty treat, my kids already asked me to bake another. Thank you for the recipe.
Is it ok to not sift dry ingredients? I don’t have a sifter. How will it turn out differently?
You can use a whisk and stir it together that way or a use a strainer that has little holes and run it through that. It is nice to have that fluffiness in your dry ingredients to have a fluffy and moist baked bread.
Could I make this in a convection oven? If so, how would I modify the baking time and temperature.
I made this as per the recipe except added about a Tbsp of cinnamon, because I like cinnamon 🙂 and baked @ 350* for 50 mins. Turned out more cake-like than bread-like (not complaining) and was delicious. Thanks for sharing!
Wow! That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!
I have made this several times. It is always a hit. I’ve done mini loaves and muffins as well. Freezes great also!
Added a cup of milk chocolate chips, if I added a little pineapple and nuts it would taste like a banana split. Came out wonderful and was a hit at work.
Mine browned within the 10 minutes in the 350° and was still under cooked. Did this happen to anyone else?
Oh no! I am sorry! I am not sure why it happened so quickly.
Is it just me or does the bananas make the bread kind of gummy or doughy? Doesn’t slice well either. It falls apart
This was delicious! 5 stars for sure! But I am curious, what is the recommended storage for the leftovers? I’d love to have this for a few days, but don’t want to ruin it or have it go bad. Any suggestions?
This is great to keep in a ziplock bag stored in the pantry or fridge for longer freshness. Enjoy your bread!
I was wondering this as well. Wasnt sure if it needed to be refrigerated or not (I usually do, but like it room temp better).
The bread doesn’t need to be refrigerated. You can just leave it at room temperature for five to seven days. Thanks for the comment and for following along with me!
I made this recipe with my 2 year old daughter, it’s delicious. It was fun for us to make together, and came together quickly and easily. We made 2dz smallish muffins baked for 20 min and they were perfect !
I made the 1st time as directed & my boyfriend ate the entire loaf in 1 day … this time w/ blueberries! I use raw sugar, so the “light & fluffy” aspect isn’t there & use a hand-mixer only. I have no idea what “over mix” means visually, but it still turns-out moist & beyond delicious!