This treat is something I look forward to every year. This Ooey Gooey Chex Mix, or also known as “Christmas Crack”, is so good you just can’t stop eating it. When I was growing up, my neighbor would bring it to us every year for Christmas. My family and I would devour it in a matter of minutes! Now I make it every year for our family and give to neighbors. Every time I make it I think of that neighbor and she definitely became a favorite! 🙂
My son describes this coating on the chex mix like a white caramel. And I would have to agree. It is ooey gooey and oh so good! Even while I was making it I couldn’t stop eating it. The flavors and textures in this make it absolutely incredible! This is a perfect holiday treat and great for neighbor gifts. It is so easy and makes a big batch. If you haven’t made it before you will become instantly addicted and won’t be able to stop eating it. You will want to make this all year long! You are going to love it!
- 6 cups corn Chex Cereal
- 6 cups golden grahams cereal
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- In a large bowl, mix Corn Chex cereal, golden grahams cereal, coconut, and almonds. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine the corn syrup, sugar and butter. Bring to a boil for two minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about two minutes.
- Pour over the cereal mix and mix well until the cereal is coated. Spread on a cookie sheet to cool.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017