One-Pot Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo – A delicious and easy weeknight or weekend meal! Everything is simmered in just one pot, fewer dishes!
Hey there! It’s Chelsea from Gal on a Mission, here again, bringing one heck of a delicious dinner option!
One-pot meals are always a wonderful addition to a busy and chaotic week! Wouldn’t you agree? What if I told you it could be made with leftovers and be on the table in about 25 minutes? Oh yeah.
For the chicken, I used one medium sized chicken breast diced into 1″ chunks. If you do not have any leftover chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken works great, as well. Just remember to add about 1-2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken.
Easy-peasy, right? If you have never tried one-pot meals, like this one-pot chicken and mushroom fettuccine alfredo, you are going to be hooked. It’s the best invention ever.
Normally we do not have many leftovers from pasta, but if you do, I have a trick for you. The pasta usually dries out in the refrigerator, for me at least, I usually add 1-3 tablespoons of milk to thin the sauce out while reheating it.
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces fettuccini noodles
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Place the onions, chicken, butter, basil, heavy cream, chicken stock, salt, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and fettuccini noodles in a 6-quart dutch oven.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
Other Delicious Meal Options from Gal on a Mission: