This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo is an easy weeknight or weekend meal made even faster if you have leftover chicken. One-pot means keeping this simple while everything is simmered together.
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms
One pot meals are always a perfect addition to a busy week! This chicken fettuccine alfredo dinner can be made in less than 25 minutes and will feed your whole family. It is a win-win! Chicken fettuccine is quick and easy to make. This dinner is full of flavor and tastes amazing paired with garlic bread. Make your evening easier with this one pot chicken fettuccine alfredo on the dinner menu!
Another great thing about this easy chicken alfredo fettuccine is the chicken. If you have time you can cook your chicken before. For the chicken, I used one medium sized chicken breast diced into 1″ chunks. If you do not have any leftover chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken works great, as well. Just remember to add about 1-2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken.
What you Need to Make One Pot Meal
If you haven’t tried one pot meals before, this chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe is the perfect one to start. It is quick and easy to make plus the flavor is out of this world!
- White onion: dice into small pieces, so it will cook faster.
- Chicken: cooked chicken from leftovers or a store bought rotisserie chicken
- Butter: unsalted butter so you can control how much salt is in the recipe
- Basil: fresh is best but you can substitute dry if needed
- Heavy Cream: It is needed to help thicken the sauce and make it rich and smooth
- Chicken Stock: helps give this dish a more robust flavor profile but can be substituted with chicken broth
- Salt: brings out the flavor of all the ingredients
- Pepper: freshly ground will add the best flavor
- Garlic powder: adds flavor
- Mushrooms: Cremini mushrooms pack the most flavor
- Fettuccini noodles: these wide flat noodles are perfect to hold the sauce
- Parmesan Cheese: get the real stuff look for Parmigiana Reggiani
How to Make Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo in One Pot
This is the perfect addition to your menu plan if you need fast yummy meals with less mess. All you need is one pot and 25 minutes to make this chicken fettuccine alfredo dinner! Your family will be raving about this meal!
- Use at least a 6 quart dutch oven pot to make sure your meal fits, remember we are going for a one-pot meal.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes (if you have leftovers or a rotisserie chicken).
- If you need to cook the chicken breast add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to your pot over medium high heat.
- Season your chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cook on each side until golden brown about 5 min each side. Flip it once, you will know it’s ready to turn when it’s golden brown and is easy to move. Take out of the pot and let rest for 10 minute( letting your meat rest keeps the moisture in) then cube into 1 inch pieces.
- Saute the onions and butter for a minute, this will add to the flavor. But it can be skipped if you are in a time crunch.
- Add chicken, basil, heavy cream, chicken stock, salt, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and fettuccini noodles.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese grated on top.
How to Store Fettuccine Alfredo
Reheat: Normally we do not have many leftovers from pasta, but if you do, I have a trick for you. The pasta usually dries out in the refrigerator, for me at least, I usually add 1-3 tablespoons of milk to thin the sauce out while reheating it. Place your leftovers in a microwave safe bowl or jar. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Next microwave in one minute increments until warm, stirring in between the heating. More water can be added as needed depending on how much liquid has been soaked up by the noodles.
Freeze: Yes you can freeze this recipe. The sauce might not be as smooth once reheated but its still delicious. The best way to freeze this is in an aluminum container covered with foil. Then place in a labeled freezer bag. To reheat follow these steps: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out of the freezer bag and place in the oven for 1 hr or until bubbly. If needed add up to ¼ cup of hot water to help make the sauce the right consistency because the pasta with soak up more liquid as it reheats.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
One-Pot Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 pound chicken breast diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 large fresh basil leaf thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces fettuccini noodles broken in half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large 6 quart dutch oven add the oil and onion. Sauté over medium high heat until tender. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add in chicken stock, heavy cream, onion, mushrooms, basil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and fetucchini noodles. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Fold in parmesan cheese and garnish with additonal parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
A Reader’s Review
“We have tried many of your recipes and they have all been excellent! My wife and I are both avid cooks and always know we can trust your recipes!” -Douglas