A quick, easy and impressive 30 minute meal that is packed with delicious flavor! Tender and juicy chicken, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, fire roasted tomatoes, onions, and garlic come together to being you a meal that is sure to wow the family!
I made this Tuscan Basil Chicken last year and it is still a family favorite. I love meals that are made right in the skillet and ready in just 30 minutes. I decided to adapt from this recipe adding even more flavor and textures and the result was incredible!
The best part about this meal is that it is ready to eat in 30 minutes and is impressive and delicious. I just had to put a few ingredients together and voila! A delicious dinner that is restaurant quality ready for my family to eat.
This recipe combines sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, fire roasted tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Simple but flavorful ingredients come together to bring you an amazing meal. The chicken cooks right in the skillet to tender and juicy perfection.
My entire family ate this chicken. Even the picky one. He did pick out the mushrooms but all in all it was a win! You can’t go wrong with this easy skillet meal that is full of flavor. I know that you guys are going to love it just as much as we did!
Tuscan Garlic Skillet Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 12 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 cans 15 ounce fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- fresh chopped basil for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 Tbs of olive oil. Add the chicken and salt and pepper. Cook chicken about 3 minutes on each side or until thermometer reads 165 degrees and brown on each side. Set chicken aside on plate.
- Add 1 Tbs olive oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, garlic, and mushrooms until tender. Add the sun dried tomatoes, fire roasted tomatoes, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Place chicken back into the skillet and heat until the sauce is bubbling. Add salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with chopped basil.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
The recipe looks great but I’m wondering what kind of tomatoes I could sub for the fire roasted tomatoes (I’ve never seen them in the UK). Would ordinary tinned tomatoes be okay? What kind of flavor do they have when they’re fire roasted?
I made this tonight and it was really good! I love quick and easy recipes like this. I did make two small changes: I only used one can of the fire roasted tomatoes and I didn’t have sun dried tomatoes, but I did have a jar of sun dried tomato bruschetta so I used that instead. Yummy!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe; I’ll make it often.
I’ve made this dish twice already in a month, and with some family coming over this weekend.. I’m making it again! It’s so flavorful and easy, I’m in love with it!
Thanks for sharing!
I love Tuscan garlic skillet chicken. We make it with heavy cream and white wine, as well as a large shredded spinach leaf, served with fettuccine pasta. Just glorious -you can be sure that it will be a hit wherever you serve it.