One Pot Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo is an easy weeknight or weekend meal made even faster if you have leftover chicken. One-pot means keeping this simple but still flavorful everything is simmered together.
One Pot Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
One-pot meals are always a wonderful addition to a busy and chaotic week! Wouldn’t you agree? What if I told you it could be made with leftovers and be on the table in about 25 minutes? Oh yeah.
For the chicken, I used one medium sized chicken breast diced into 1″ chunks. If you do not have any leftover chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken works great, as well. Just remember to add about 1-2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken.
What you need to make Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine:
If you have never tried one-pot meals, like this one-pot chicken and mushroom fettuccine alfredo, you are going to be hooked. It’s the best invention ever!
- White onion- dice into small pieces, so it will cook faster.
- Chicken- cooked chicken from leftovers or a store bought rotisserie chicken
- Butter- unsalted butter so you can control how much salt is in the recipe
- Basil- fresh is best but you can substitute dry if needed
- Heavy Cream- It is needed to help thicken the sauce and make it rich and smooth
- Chicken Stock- helps give this dish a more robust flavor profile but can be substituted with chicken broth
- Salt- brings out the flavor of all the ingredients
- Pepper- freshly ground will add the best flavor
- Garlic powder- adds flavor
- Mushrooms- Cremini mushrooms pack the most flavor
- Fettuccini noodles- these wide flat noodles are perfect to hold the sauce
- Parmesan Cheese- get the real stuff look for Parmigiana Reggiani
How to Make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
This is the perfect addition to your menu plan if you need fast yummy meals with less mess. Sounds like a win for everyone!
- Use at least a 6 quart dutch oven pot to make sure your meal fits, remember we are going for a one-pot meal.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes (if you have leftovers or a rotisserie chicken).
- If you need to cook the chicken breast add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to your pot over medium high heat.
- Season your chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cook on each side until golden brown about 5 min each side. Flip it once, you will know it’s ready to turn when it’s golden brown and is easy to move. Take out of the pot and let rest for 10 minute( letting your meat rest keeps the moisture in) then cube into 1 inch pieces.
- Saute the onions and butter for a minute, this will add to the flavor. But it can be skipped if you are in a time crunch.
- Add chicken, basil, heavy cream, chicken stock, salt, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and fettuccini noodles.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese grated on top.
What Goes Good with Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
I like to save this meal for nights when I am short on time, but want to feed my family a delicious dinner so we can enjoy our time together. A simple green salad, or this yummy cucumber tomato salad, or serve it with this honey lime fruit one. Add some delicious breadtwists or the best homemade garlic bread.
How Do you Reheat Pasta:
Normally we do not have many leftovers from pasta, but if you do, I have a trick for you. The pasta usually dries out in the refrigerator, for me at least, I usually add 1-3 tablespoons of milk to thin the sauce out while reheating it.
Place your leftovers in a microwave safe bowl or jar. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Next microwave in one minute increments until warm, stirring in between the heating. More water can be added as needed depending on how much liquid has been soaked up by the noodles.
Can you Freeze Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
Yes you can freeze this recipe. The sauce might not be as smooth once reheated but its still delicious. The best way to freeze this is in an aluminum container covered with foil. Then place in a labeled freezer bag. To reheat follow these steps: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out of the freezer bag and place in the oven for 1 hr or until bubbly. If needed add up to ¼ cup of hot water to help make the sauce the right consistency because the pasta with soak up more liquid as it reheats.
More Delicious One Pot Meals:
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Cajan Chicken Alfredo Pasta in One Pot
- Creamy Chicken Mushroom Florentine
- Creamy Parmesan Chicken with Mushroom Rice
- One Pot Creamy Spinach Mushroom Artichoke Chicken
One-Pot Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
One-Pot Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo is an easy weeknight or weekend meal made even faster if you have leftover chicken. One-pot means keeping this simple but still flavorful everything is simmered together.
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large fresh basil leaf thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 16 ounces fettuccini noodles
- parmesan cheese for garnish
Place the onions, chicken, butter, basil, heavy cream, chicken stock, salt, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and fettuccini noodles in a 6-quart dutch oven.
Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
Serve with parmesan cheese.
Updated on September 13, 2020
Originally Posted on November 16, 2015
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.