Hey there guys! It’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb back with an awesome recipe you will love love love! Are you surviving the holidays?? And by surviving I mean eating as much gingerbread loaf covered in cream cheese frosting as you can get your hands on and watching Hallmark Holiday specials every night of course.
There are many things I love but somewhere near the to of the list is “Holiday traditions”, followed closely by “all things CHEESE”. And pizza definitely counts as an “all things cheese” item. Even though I get really excited about fancy pizzas with gourmet toppings, I always come back to a classic pepperoni pizza from time to time because really, sometimes classic is exactly what you need. Bread + sauce + cheese + spicy pepperoni.
This dip is PERFECT for holiday get togethers, especially if you’re planning a New Years party! Nothing like ringing in the new year with a dish full of pizza you can DIP, scoop and smother to your hearts content! The best part is how easy it is – just five ingredients! Can’t beat that!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian style cheese
- 10-12 slices pepperoni, halved
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- crackers, sliced Italian bread, or breadsticks for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cream cheese and half of the shredded Italian cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a small casserole dish or round pie dish.
- Spread pizza sauce over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Italian cheese, then top with pepperoni slices and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melty and dip is hot throughout. Serve with crackers or breadsticks for dipping!