Skillet Salisbury Steak is a classic meal with a mouthwatering tender beef patty drowning in a rich homemade brown gravy. Serve it over some mashed potatoes and peas and you have yourself a winner!
We are less than a month away from having this sweet babe and we are getting excited to meet her and see what she looks like. We always struggle with naming a child and still don’t have a clue what her name will be. We have been keeping so busy over here it seems like time has flown by with this pregnancy. Our basement is about 2 weeks away from being finished and then we will be able to focus on welcoming her into our home and giving her a name. 😉
I have had to get creative with meals lately because we are so busy. I need something that is easy and requires little clean up. It is so nice to mix it up from a chicken dish and have these savory salisbury steaks that are drowning in a rich brown mushroom and onion gravy.
I love salisbury steaks and it is comfort food at its finest. You create this delicious meat patty that gets those nice crisp pan seared edges and tender center. But my favorite part is the rich brown gravy that you create with mushrooms and tender onions. The meat is just drowning in this delicious sauce begging you to serve it over some mashed potatoes.
Oh my goodness you guys are going to love this recipe so much. It is ready in just 30 minutes and it is sure to please the entire family! You are going to want to make this again and again!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounce mushrooms
- ½ large onion sliced
- 2½ cups beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, egg, and salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until just combined and shape into 4 oval patties.
- Heat the butter in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add the patties and cook until the sides are slightly crisp and cooked throughout. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add the olive oil to the pan with the mushrooms and onion and cook until tender. Set aside on a plate.
- To make the gravy: Add the beef broth, ketchup, worchestershire sauce to the skillet. In a small bowl add the cornstarch and water creating a slurry. Whisk it into the gravy and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the mushrooms, onions, and patties back to the skillet. Allow to simmer until the gravy starts to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over mashed potatoes and peas and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.