Air Fryer Pork Chops are the best pork chops ever! With a golden seasoned crust and fork tender juicy insides, it is makes these the perfect pork chops.
Pork Chops are simple to make like these Smothered Pork Chops, Easy Crockpot and Cast Iron Skillet pork chop recipes. Add them to these impeccable Air Fryer Pork Chops and you will always have pork chops that impress!
Bone in Air Fryer Pork Chops
My whole family loved these air fryer pork chops! Cooking them in the air fryer saves time and creates a juicy pork chop that is irroestiable. You just can’t replicate the taste and texture in your oven that you can get with the air fryer. Perfectly seasoned golden crusted outside and tender, juicy, and full of flavor inside. These air fryer pork chops are perfect for an incredible weekend or weekday meal!
Pair these pork chops with Mashed Potatoes, Vegetables and Hand Pies for dessert! You will have a complete meal your family will love. The air fryer makes these pork chops so delicious, that even if you are new to cooking with an air fryer or with pork chops, they will be amazing!
Ingredients for Thick Cut Pork Chops
Look for fresh pork chops that are pink with a bit of marbling when purchasing. Fresh pork chops can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days before cooking. Most of the dry ingredients may already be in your pantry!
- Pork Chops: Thick cut and bone in pork chops.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste
- Brown Sugar: Adds a bit of sweet and balance
- Chili Powder: A little bit of spice
- Paprika: A subtle flavor and adds color.
- Italian Seasoning: An incredible combination of flavors for seasoning
- Garlic Powder: Everything is better with garlic!
How to Make Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
This is a quick, easy, hands off recipe for air fryer pork chops. It is so simple that the air fryer does all the work. The internal temperature for pork should reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit when done.
- Prepare: Salt and pepper the pork chops.
- Dry Rub: In a small bowl add the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Rub on the pork chops.
- Cook: In the basket of your air fryer add pork chops. Turn the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 10 minutes. Then flip the pork chops and cook for an additional 5-7 or until no longer pink
All About Pork Chops!
I think sometimes pork chops are the forgotten meat. So many recipes revolve around beef and chicken. I am talking strictly pork chops. They just don’t get as much attention as they deserve. Here’s why!
- What is a pork chop? A pork chop, like other meat chops, is a loin cut taken perpendicular to the spine of the pig and is usually a rib or part of a vertebra. Pork chops are unprocessed and leaner than other cuts. Chops are commonly served as an individual portion. Pork is one of the most commonly consumed meats in the world.
- Nutrition Facts: Pork is a rich source of certain vitamins and minerals your body needs to function, like iron and zinc. It is also an excellent source of high-quality protein.
- What kind to Buy: There are different kinds of “pork chops” at the grocery store, so it’s a good idea to know which ones to buy. For this recipe I prefer what is called rib pork chops. They are a cut from the rib area. They are the bone-in version of boneless pork chops. These are the prefered chops. You can also find loin chops that will have a bone in them as well. These are cut from the back and hip area and will contain lots of bone, fat and connective tissue.
- Get them Thick! Also look for pork chops that are good and thick. They’ll give you the best flavor and juiciest meat inside and give you a nice crust outside. Thinner chops will be done before the outside is good and charred.
Tips for The Best Air Frying Pork Chops
To get the most from your air fryer pork chops, there are a few tips you can use. Your pork chops will be amazing every single time.
- Leave the Layer of Fat: There is a thin layer of fat around the outsides that you might be tempted to cut off, don’t. This fat adds instense flavor and moistness. Remove it after you cook it if you desire.
- Season it well: Pork on its own is a very mild flavored meat, so it does well with lots of seasoning. If you feel like you need more, don’t hesitate to add more and especially don’t forget to add some salt. Salt will help draw out the natural flavor of pork.
- Don’t overlap: You might have to cook your pork chops in batches, but whatever you do do not overlap them and if you can keep them from even touching. This allows the air to circulate around all the meat evenly and allows that incredible tasting crust to form on the outside.
- Let it Rest: Always allow your air fryer pork chops to rest before cutting into them. Give it at least 10 minutes before cutting into it. If you don’t let it rest when you cut into your pork chops all the flavorful juices will run out onto your plate or cutting board. Resting allows the meat fibers to relax, become tender, and soak in and redistribute all those succulent juicy flavors.
- Take off the Chill: Like with all meat, you should take it out of the refrigerator at least 15-30 minutes before cooking. If your pork chops are too cold inside when added to the air fryer, the outside will get done before the inside has enough time to cook through. Resulting in underdone tough inside and burnt rubbery outside.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryers are one of the best kitchen inventions, as you must know by now. They make cooking easy, healthy and taste so amazing. Try some of these winning recipes in your air fryer tonight.
- The Best Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Perfect Air Fryer Steak With Garlic Herb Butter
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- Incredible Air Fryer Salmon ( Under 10 Minutes)
- Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 2 Bone Thick Cut Pork Chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper the pork chops. In a small bowl add the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Rub on the pork chops.
- In the basket of your air fryer add pork chops. Turn the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 10 minutes. Then flip the pork chops and cook for an additional 5-7 or until no longer pink.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.