Hey friends! It’s Liz from Love Grows Wild, and I have been bursting at the seams waiting to share this delicious side dish with you! This time of year, our gardens and grocery stores are overflowing with fresh produce, and I’m all about taking advantage of this glorious season. Fresh sweet corn? Amazing. Just-picked strawberries? Glorious. Juicy, perfectly-ripe peaches? Don’t even get me started.
It’s always easy for me to find ways to incorporate fresh fruit into my diet, but vegetables can be a bit more of a challenge. Zucchini and cauliflower aren’t all that exciting, right? My mom made these Parmesan Roasted Vegetables for us a few weeks ago, and I’ve made them at least 4 or 5 times since. Ah-mazing! You’re going to love this simple, easy, and super flavorful side dish!
These yummy vegetables are roasted in the oven with a coating of Italian dressing (tons of flavor!) and a panko/Parmesan mixture that is out-of-this-world. The coating gets super crispy, almost like the vegetables were fried, and the zesty Italian dressing soaks into the vegetables making them extra flavorful. This recipe is easy to make, cooks up quickly, and can be used with almost ANY vegetable you have on hand! This time I made them with zucchini, cauliflower, and red peppers, but I’ve made versions with green beans and squash that are amazing too. Pick your favorite veg, add a cheesy breadcrumb coating, then roast till perfection!
This has become a staple recipe in my kitchen this summer, and I hope you enjoy it too!
Parmesan Roasted Vegetables
You’re going to love this simple, easy, and super flavorful side dish!
- 4 cups vegetables chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place chopped vegetables in a zip-top bag and pour in Italian dressing. Shake the bag until vegetables are fully coated.
- In a shallow baking dish, mix together panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and garlic powder. Add a handful of vegetables into the breadcrumb mixture and coat on both sides. Place vegetables on the lined baking sheets and repeat until all the vegetables are coated. Bake for 15-18 minutes until vegetables are tender and breadcrumb coating is golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
Just about any fresh vegetable will work well in this recipe: cauliflower, sweet peppers, zucchini, green beans, etc. Try a variety!