Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups are made with the most amazing homemade Alfredo sauce and rolled up with chicken, sauce, and cheese. These are one of the best meals you will ever make!
For even more amazing recipes using my Homemade Alfredo Sauce, be sure to make: Chicken Broccoli Garlic Alfredo Shells, Three Cheese Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, or Pesto Alfredo Chicken Casserole.
Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups
This was one of the first and best recipes to make it on the good ole’ blog. I decided to give it a picture update because the first picture just wasn’t doing it justice of how amazing this recipe truly is! Since perfecting my Homemade Alfredo recipe, I have updated this recipe too, and I can say with certainty that this is a meal that your family will go crazy for! The texture is just right with the soft pasta, the flavorful alfredo sauce and the moist, tender chicken. What’s not to love??
The thing that I love about making this meal is that it is even picky eater approved! All of my kids will eat this meal. Lets just take a minute to appreciate that. Its a small miracle at my house to make something we can all agree on! The creamy Alfredo plus the chicken and cheese makes this recipe a simple and easy one to make but also incredible to eat! I promise you that this is one of the best meals you will ever make!!
Roll Ups Ingredients:
- Lasagna noodles: These make the perfect platform to put chicken and make a roll up!
- Chicken: Cooked and shredded, I used rotisserie
Garlic Alfredo Sauce:
- Butter: Either unsalted or salted work for this alfredo sauce recipe.
- Heavy whipping cream: Adds rich and creamy flavor!
- Cream cheese: Adds a nice thickness to the consistency of the sauce.
- Minced garlic: Fresh garlic gives the best flavor!
- Garlic powder: Adds more rich garlic flavor.
- Italian seasoning: Blends all the seasonings together!
- Salt and pepper: To taste!
- Grated Parmesan cheese: Real parmesan cheese is best. A powdered cheese will create a grainy texture and does not melt through when heated.
How do you make Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups?
- To start: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside. I switch between a 9×9 inch pan depending on if I want the roll ups to be closer together.
- Cook the lasagna noodles: Cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water and lay them on a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Make the Homemade Alfredo Sauce: In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Make roll-ups: Line the bottom of the 9×13 inch pan with 1 cup of the alfredo sauce. Then, make rolls by spreading 2 Tbs of the alfredo sauce over each noodle. Take ⅛ of the shredded chicken and spread evenly over each noodle and top with about 3 Tbs shredded cheese. Carefully roll up each lasagna noodle and place seam side down in your 9×13 prepared pan. Repeat.
- Top with more Sauce: Pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake: Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
How do you make Homemade Alfredo Sauce?
- In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.
- Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
What are the Best Side Dishes to Serve With This Meal?
- Classic Caesar Salad
- Roasted Lemon Parmesan Garlic Asparagus
- Brown Butter Honey Garlic Carrots
- Perfect Soft and Butter Rolls
- 30 Minute Asiago Cheese Rolls
Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups
- 8 Lasagne noodles
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded, I used rotisserie
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
Garlic Alfredo Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream 2 cups
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water and lay them on a paper towel to remove excess water.
- In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Line the bottom of the 9x13 inch pan with 1 cup of the alfredo sauce.
- Spread 2 Tbs of the alfredo sauce over each noodle. Take ⅛th of the shredded chicken and spread evenly over each noodle and top with about 3 Tbs shredded cheese. Carefully roll up each lasagne noodle and place seam side down in your 9×13 prepared pan. Repeat.
- Once they are all in the pan, pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Can you prepare this dish and freeze to bake later?
Yes, this is a great freezer meal. You will want to eat it within a month though so the noodles are not mushy. When ready to warm up simply add it to the oven and bake.
Heavenly! I certainly can’t wait to try this!
This was amazing! I added bacon to the roll ups. I liked the addition! This was so good! I like the idea of a lasagna. I’ll probably try that next time. I am so spoiled because I don’t even want to go out to dinner at a restaurant because the food I make at home is so much better! I love Alfredo sauce and this is a great way to use it!
Just finished making this dish and serving to husband for dinner. We loved it. VERY rich so a little goes a long way. It is a great dish for company with a side salad and bread. I did double the alfredo sauce and am happy I did. We will have the sauce with pasta next… one thing I will think about next time is the bacon. It certainly adds flavor but it softens when baked and I do not like soft bacon.!!! Any suggestions on a substitute with great flavor I would really appreciate it. Thanks for a real keeper.
Sounds amazing? I can’t have gluten so I’m going to replace the lasagna with zucchini strips and add sauteed mushrooms to the filling. I thjnk sun-dried tomatoes and spinach would be great too. I just thought of a way to use up Thanksgiving levtovers…use turkey and stuffing for the filling then wrap with the zucchini. Wow, the possibilities are endless. Thank you so much for the recipes.
I made this last night and we devoured it. Was soooo good! My husband loved it. I didn’t have lasagna noodles, so I used penne noodles instead and it turned out fabulous. I mixed the shredded chicken in with the sauce and mixed that into the noodles. I added motz cheese in with the noodle mixture and sprinkled some on top too.
Thank you for great idea!
I couldn’t think how tasty it is!
Thank you for great idea!
The recipe was wonderful, but when making the sauce it didn’t specify when to add the parmesan cheese. I added more than it called for because the sauce wasn’t thick enough. Very good flavor and will definitely make it again!
I notice you sauce is in a mansion jar, do you can it or can you just freeze it? If so, how does it turn out? I would like to know so if I make a larger amount, can it be save for a later date. I like to make thing ahead. Just making the sauce ahead would help.
Can you freeze this recipe either before or after cooking?
These are amazing I doubled the Alfredo sauce and I’m guessing pares an chesse goes in sauce cause I do not see where to add it
I made these tonight and the ONLY modification I made was used a lot more garlic than you instructed- but that was by choice, not necessity. These were incredible. My boyfriend begged for me to make them again, and I would in a heart beat. So glad there’s left overs….
Just wanted to say that this was an enormous hit at my house tonight! My four year old ate three servings, and said she wanted to eat it every day. Thank you!
Made it and came out prefect. I added Fresh chopped bacon as well. Highly recommended
Hi! I made this tonight and it was wonderful! I doubled the Alfredo recipe and had more than enough which was fine because it was so good! I added mushrooms to my shredded chicken and it stretched it to make 12 rolls. I will absolutely make this again. Thanks for sharing!
These look Amazing and I can’t wait to try them 🙂
Any thoughts on doing this in the crockpot???? With the summer rolling in – I am always looking for a way not to heat up the house 🙂
I can’t find any way to copy this recipe. I emailed it to myself and it just me back to your web site.