This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Dole Pineapple Whips are the perfect summertime treat that you can make at home. Similar to Disneyland’s and Hawaii’s Dole whips, they are refreshing and quick.
The Best Pineapple Dole Whips
One of my FAVORITE things to do in Hawaii was going to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. I begged to go there every day that we were there and I was lucky enough to get to go there twice. Going and getting one of these pineapple dole whips is worth a trip to Hawaii. Soft serve creamy pineapple ice cream with pineapple juice surrounding it making it the best ice cream float you will ever have! It was so fun seeing how huge the plantation is and how the pineapple grows and is harvested. After walking around for a bit, we HAD to get a pineapple dole whips. It literally blows your mind with how amazing it is.
Nothing compares to a Hawaiian pineapple and they are perfectly ripe and sweet! I couldn’t wait to get home and try this recipe for homemade pineapple whips! These were easy to make and really did resemble a dole pineapple whip. Pineapple whips are soft and creamy and so delicious! They are absolutely delicious! Apparently, they are in such high demand they now serve them at all Six Flags and at Disneyland. But you don’t have to travel further than your kitchen for one of these delectable drinks.
What you need for Pineapple Dole Whips Recipe
Simple ingredients combine to make a tropical paradise in a glass. You are going to have this recipe for dole pineapple whips memorized because you will want to make it every day.
- Frozen pineapple chunks: You can use canned or fresh pineapple that has been frozen. Also look for frozen pineapple in your freezer section.
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice would be best but you can use store bought.
- Lime juice: Fresh lime juice is the best and adds zing and freshness.
- Sugar: Adds a bit of sweetness. Use less or more depending on your taste.
- Vanilla ice cream: Gives the dole whip a nice creamy texture.
- Pineapple Juice: Adds extra bit of pineapple flavor and gives it the best consistency.
How to Make Dole Whips
The key to making this dole whip is to have a really good blender. You will want to make sure this is smooth and not chunky.
- Blend: Place the frozen pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar, vanilla ice cream and pineapple juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Freeze: Put in a gallon sized bag and let freeze for 1 hour or until it reaches desired consistency.
- Make it a float (Optional): Scoop the mixture into a cup and pour pineapple juice on top to make it a float!
Quick Tips For Easy Dole Pineapple Whips
Pineapple Dole whips are super refreshing and will cool you and your family off on hot summer days, or can make the perfect evening finisher. Just like these other ice cream treats, Brownie Batter, Raspberry Cheesecake, and Ice Cream in a Bag, this will make your summer amazing!
- Blend: The key to a smooth creamy pineapple whip is to have a great blender. One that is high powered and can handle the frozen fruit. If you feel like your blender can’t, don’t fret. Just cut the recipe in half and blend half at a time. Then put together to freeze. Also letting the pineapple thaw slightly will help it blend up easier.
- Freeze: Placing it in the freezer allows it to firm up to a good consisentcy. This step can be skipped if you like your consistency and just can’t wait to sip it. I don’t blame you for not waiting either.
Variations to Your Pineapple Dole Whips
Pineapple Dole Whips are a favorite but if you don’t love pineapple you can change it out for a different fruit. The basic recipe would stay the same. Adjust the juice to fit the fruit you choose.
- Fruit: If you want to mix the pineapple with other fruit or exchange it for a different fruit, the sky is the limit on flavors. Try frozen bananas, peaches, strawberries, raspberries and mangos.
- Sugar: Feel free to use less sugar if you want more of a tart flavor or add more for more sweetness. You can also switch it out for a sugar subsitute of choice, such as stevia for lower carbs.
- Ice Cream: Vanilla is the perfect mild flavor to compliment pineapple, but you can substitute out for frozen yogurt, sherbert, or even frozen bananas. The frozen bananas are a great non-dairy alternative, although it will change the flavor a bit.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Dole Pineapple Whips
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
- Place the frozen pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar, vanilla ice cream and pineapple juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Put in a gallon-sized bag and let freeze for 1 hour or until it reaches desired consistency.
- Scoop the mixture into a cup and pour pineapple juice on top to make it a float!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.