We’re excited to partner with Reynolds Wrap® for this sponsored recipe
Easy to make chewy granola bars that are homemade filled with regular oats, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, salty almonds, mini dark chocolate chips all combined with a sweet honey and a peanut butter flavoring. Snack time just got easier with these tasty bars!
Cleanup was a breeze using Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil. Since these can get a bit sticky, we were able to just line our pan with Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil. You don’t even have to spray the pan you are using, you just press the granola bars on the dull side of the foil. We were able to easily lift the bars out of the pan and slice them into bars. This foil is also great for foods like Easy Grilled Pizza, Mini Burritos, cheesy casseroles, BBQ Chicken Nachos, barbecue, wings, Monte Cristo Sandwiches, and foods grilled in foil packets. The food doesn’t stick and just lifts right off so that you aren’t left with a huge mess that you have to scrub off.
Grab and go with these simple to make granola bars! Try more varieties like almond granola bars or no bake peanut butter and chocolate chip granola bars for more flavors and different ways to enjoy a delicious granola.
Easy Chewy Granola Bars
I love making recipes that include pantry staples. The great thing about chewy granola bars is that they are so versatile. You can mix and match what you put into your granola bars and use up things that you have in your pantry. They make a great grab and go, healthy snack or even a quick breakfast. They are packed with nutrients and flavor that my kids loved. We have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen and house and this made a fun afternoon activity together. The kids enjoyed making them just as much as I did!
Cleanup was a breeze using Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil. Since these can get a bit sticky, we were able to just line our pan with Non-Stick foil. You don’t even have to spray the pan you are using, you just press the granola bars on the dull side of the foil. We were able to easily lift the bars out of the pan and slice them into bars. This foil is also great for foods like cheesy casseroles, barbecue, wings, and foods grilled in foil packets. The food doesn’t stick and just lifts right off so that you aren’t left with a huge mess that you have to scrub off. You can also get creative with your aluminum foil while you are baking and make custom single serve cake pans or even split pies.
Make it Easier with Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil:
Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil offers a variety of different cooking foil that accommodates just about any task. Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil withstands high heat and extreme cold, making it perfect for everything from grilling to freezer storage and is quick and easy to cleanup.
Whether in the oven, on the grill or anywhere in between, Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil gets the job done anytime and anywhere. You can cook, cover, freeze and store with ease.
- Easy Cleanup: Line pans with non-stick foil when cooking in the oven to avoid sticking.
- Prevent Over-Browning: Use non-stick foil to cover pans when you’re cooking cheesy or sticky foods in the oven.
- Lock in Flavor: Cooking with foil packets helps make quick and easy meals.
Gather Granola Bar Ingredients:
All together these ingredients make for the best chewy granola bars. They add a sweet and salty flavor with a soft and crunchy texture throughout each bar. The combination is out of this world good!
- Old Fashioned Oats: Thick oats make this easier to stick together.
- Chocolate Chips: Dark chocolate and mini chips add that sweet, soft crunch.
- Coconut Flakes: Sweet flakes of coconut fill these granola bars with flavor.
- Almonds: Crunchy salty almonds can be halved or crunched up even.
- Dried Cranberries: Fruit taste that has a soft texture.
- Peanut Butter: Is like the glue that holds them all together.
- Honey: Love the sweetness and bond this honey makes. I will even warm it up for a few seconds to have it slide right into the bowl.
- Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil: Accommodates the bars and helps them slide right off without sticking.
Simple ingredients with simple instructions! Perfect for a quick treat to throw together and let freeze for a treat quickly. One bowl and one pan ready to go! This will be a favorite granola bar your family is going to love.
- Mix together: In a large bowl combine oats, dark chocolate chips, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, almonds, cranberries, peanut butter, and honey until incorporated.
- Spread and freeze: Line a 9×13 inch pan with Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil. Spread the granola bar mixture evenly in the pan and press down firmly. Freeze for 30 minutes until the bars are firm and cut into rectangles.
Variations of Granola:
These chewy granola bars have all the basics. A sweet, salty and crunchy texture and flavor. Mix in all your favorite ingredients to make it your way. Change it up each time you make it and see all the variations that will become favorite granola bars.
- Oats: It is best to have a thick consistency with the oats but using protein powder or flax seed in with the oats adds more protein and makes them even healthier.
- Peanut Butter: Organic peanut butter will work or even a nut spread is a delicious alternative.
- Honey: If you don’t have honey, a thick maple syrup can also hold and bind the granola together.
- Fruit: Any dried fruit is delicious and adds the fruity taste.
- Nuts: Substitute or add in any type of nut.
Storing Granola the Right Way:
- Airtight container: Once frozen place each bar in an airtight container. Before layering the bars on top of each other, place a sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil in-between the layers of bars to prevent them from sticking together. Keep in the refrigerator up to 7 days or freezer up to 1 month.
- Thawing Process: Place bars in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy chewy granola bars the next day!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can I tell which side of the non-stick foil to use? The non-stick side is the side with the dull or flat finish.
- Do you need to grease or use non-stick cooking spray? No, food won’t stick to Reynolds Wrap ® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil. You can use it for all your baking, roasting, and grilling recipes or for covering or freezing situations – without the need for grease or spray.
- When you use Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil, does it affect cooking time? No, using Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil will not affect the cooking time of your favorite recipes. However, pan lining with Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil will cut down on your cleaning time!
Try More Snack Recipes Today:
Easy Chewy Granola Bars
Easy to make chewy granola bars that are homemade filled with regular oats, dried cranberries, salty almonds, mini dark chocolate chips all combined with a sweet honey and a peanut butter flavoring. Snack time just got easier with these tasty bars!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
In a large bowl combine oats, dark chocolate chips, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, almonds, cranberries, peanut butter, and honey until incorporated.
Line a 9x13 inch pan with Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and press down firmly. Freeze for 30 minutes until the bars are firm and cut into rectangles.