This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This amazing ham salad is filled with so much flavor! Super simple and easy to make, use some leftover ham and you can whip this up for lunch in under 10 minutes!
I love a good sandwich! Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and you can find one to fit. If you love sandwiches like me then you MUST TRY this French dip, this grilled cheese, and this Cuban sandwich!
I love a good twist on the classic chicken or egg salad. I especially love this ham salad recipe because it is a good way to use up any leftover ham that I might have! Actually, sometimes I will just meal plan with this in mind for the day after I make a ham. It’s so easy and fresh to make. Not to mention that I can add it on top of my favorite bread a voila, I have myself a delicious sandwich!
If you have 10 minutes and some ham on hand then you can make this ham salad in no time. Eat it plain or add it to some bread. Either way, it will taste so delicious! The mixture of ham, mayo, eggs, spices, and some fresh lemon juice makes the most amazing combination! In fact, this is a meal that my kids love eating. You know they love it when they look more forward to this instead of the meal with the fancy ham from the night before!
Ingredients for Ham Salad
This recipe is so easy and really all you have to do is dump the ingredients and mix them up! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for ingredient measurements.
- Ham: I use a food processer to chop up my ham. But, I’ve also used cubed ham that I’ve had on hand too.
- Boiled eggs: Boil these up and peel them before you start this recipe.
- Mayonnaise: Classic in a ham salad recipe, the mayo combines all of the ingredients together.
- Celery: Chop this up into small pieces before mixing it in.
- Onion: I love the flavor that this onion brings to this recipe!
- Relish: A classic ingredient to these types of salad recipes.
- Mustard: You can use regular or spicy mustard, it’s totally up to you.
- Salt and pepper: These are added in to taste.
- Parsley: This flavor brings such a good taste to the salad.
- Lemon: You can use lemon juice from a bottle but I prefer fresh. It’s a much brighter taste.
Let’s Make Some Ham Salad!
Mix this all up and you will have the perfect ham salad for lunch and picnics! It’s SOO GOOD and easy. You can’t beat that combo!
- Pulse ham: In a food processor add the ham and pulse until it is small and crumbly. You can also chop into really small pieces.
- Add ingredients, mix and serve: In a medium bowl add the ham, eggs, mayonnaise, celery, onion, relish, mustard, salt and pepper, parsley, and lemon juice. Stir all the ingredients together. Serve with crackers, or on bread as a sandwich.
One of my favorite things about making ham salad is that it can be switched up every single time! Add things in, take stuff out! Really, just make it perfect for you!
- Ham: Use any type of ham you have on hand. Whatever you use, chop it up or shred it so it is easy to spread, spoon, and eat.
- Nuts: If you want, you can add in some nuts! Pecans are a classic but you can substitute them for walnuts, almonds, or cashews. Roast them for a bit of extra flavor.
- Mayonnaise: If you are not a fan of mayo, you can use sour cream or non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Pickles: If you like pickles then try chopping up about 1/2 cup of dill pickles and adding them into the mix.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time and Freeze It?
Yes! To make sure that you freeze it safely, do this immediately after you make it. Put it in an airtight container (labeled with the date) and it can last in your freezer for 1-2 months. When you are ready to eat it, take it out and put it in your fridge to thaw. Then, dish up and enjoy!
How to Store Leftovers
This ham salad will stay good in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days. Plan ahead and use it for lunches all week long!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Insanely Delicious Ham Salad
- 2 cups cooked boneless ham
- 3 large boiled eggs chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/4 a onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped
- Juice from half a lemon
- In a food processor add the ham and pulse until it is small and crumbly. You can also chop it into really small pieces.
- In a medium bowl add the ham, eggs, mayonnaise, celery, onion, relish, mustard, salt and pepper, parsley, and lemon juice. Stir all the ingredients together. Serve with crackers, or on bread as a sandwich.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.