Honey mustard salmon is the perfect blend of tangy and delicious. It’s tender and flaky and it completely falls apart on your fork! This tried and true recipe is one that your family will go crazy for!
Salmon is an amazing entree for any occasion. The honey mustard dressing really just takes it to the next level! It is quick and easy and leaves you time to make sides for the meal like this delicious Creamy Strawberry Broccoli Salad, amazing Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, and some delicious Grilled Asparagus.
Honey Mustard Salmon
If you are looking for a meal that will impress all of your friends and family, look no more! This honey mustard salmon is a recipe for the books! It takes about 5 minutes to make…I mean, it doesn’t get much better than that! And not only does it taste restaurant-worthy, but it also looks absolutely incredible. With that golden, pink color topped with some fresh herbs, it will look as if it were made by a professional chef.
I used to think that salmon was only for fancy meals and it intimidated me! It seemed like a recipe that should be saved for special occasions because I thought that it was complicated to make! But I was wrong and I’m so glad that I was! This honey mustard salmon only used FOUR ingredients and it will blow your socks off! The texture is perfect and the taste is tangy but has a little bit of sweet honey to balance it out. It’s a MUST try for your family! They will go crazy over it!
Ingredients Used in This Salmon
Like I said before, only 4 ingredients are needed to make this must-have honey mustard salmon! It’s so simple that I’m sure it will end up on your regular dinner rotation! See the recipe card below for a list of exact ingredient measurements!
- Salmon filets: Don’t go for the cheapest ones at the market. Get a good quality filet!
- Salt and pepper: To use for added seasoning.
- Homemade Honey Mustard: This recipe is amazing and takes 5 minutes to make. It’s so delicious that you will never buy it at the store again!
- Dill: Use some chopped dill oto garnish and add some tangy flavor.
How to Make Honey Mustard Salmon
If you can set aside 25 minutes, that’s all you will need before you are eating this amazing salmon! It takes only a few minutes of prep work and then the rest of the time, you are just waiting for it to bake!
- Prep and bake: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay the salmon skin side down and top with salt and pepper.
- Add the glaze: Brush the glaze on the salmon and bake for 17-20 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve: Brush more honey mustard on the salmon 5 minutes before it’s done baking. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve warm.
Tips for Baking Salmon
There are a few things that you want to watch for as you cook up your salmon. If you do these things and follow these tips, your salmon will turn out JUST right!
- Pick out the right salmon: If you don’t get this step right, there isn’t much hope for it turning out well! Make sure that when you are picking out your salmon that you don’t go for the cheapest one. You want a good quality filet. The best way to tell if its good salmon is to smell it! If it smells fishy (or anything NOT good) then don’t buy it or take it back! Fresh salmon won’t have a strong smell to it.
- Don’t overcook: Salmon finishes cooking AFTER you take it out of the oven. So if you let it cook to long in the oven, it will continue to cook and be overdone after you take it out! You want to take it out of the oven before it flakes apart and is still a bit raw in the middle. Then, as it continues cooking while you wait to eat it, it will fall apart just perfectly on your fork!
- Dressing: This homemade honey mustard dressing is a MUST when baking this salmon. It brings a delicious flavor and adds to the amazing taste! Don’t skip this step!
How to Store Leftovers
This salmon is so delicious that I’m not sure if you will have anything leftover to store! But if you do, here is how you can safely do it to enjoy this later.
- Refrigerate: Once it has cooled, place your salmon in an airtight container. It will last in your fridge for 3-4 days!
- Reheat: You want to reheat salmon slowly so that it doesn’t dry out! Place your honey mustard salmon on a baking sheet. Put it in the oven at 275 degrees for about 15 minutes or until heated through. The internal temperature should be 130 degrees.
Honey Mustard Salmon
- 1 pound salmon filets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Homemade Honey Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon dill chopped
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.