This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Seven Layer Dip
These individual seven layer dip cups are almost too cute to eat! They are loaded with all your favorite dips in one individual cup. These seven layer dip cups are perfect for a game day or a fun party that makes it easy on guests. Individual seven layer dip cups are always a hit at the party! They are so easy to make, mess free for everyone and simple to store. It takes minutes to assemble and again look so fun and cute in the individual cups. They are perfect for all ages and make double dipping out of site.
Make these individual seven layer dip cups as easy or homemade as you like. Spice up the refried beans and sour cream with my homemade taco seasoning. Guacamole and salsa can be made homemade or store bought making this seven layer dip quick and easy. Simply layer each individual cup with refried beans, guacamole, sour cream and salsa or pico de Gallo. Top with black olives and green onions with some chips and garnish the seven layers with cilantro. It is the best dip and tastes amazing layer by layer or all together.
Seven Layer Dip Ingredients:
- Refried beans: Mix refried beans with taco seasoning making this stand out in flavor.
- Taco Seasoning: My homemade taco seasoning is best and simple to make.
- Guacamole: Homemade guacamole is thick and creamy but store bought is just as great. Pick your favorite.
- Sour Cream: Pick your favorite brand of sour cream for a light creamy sour cream that cools down the dip.
- Salsa or Pico De Gallo: A thick chunked salsa is always tasty or try pico de Gallo instead.
- Cheddar Cheese: Shredded cheese sprinkled on top. Even the Mexican blend of shredded cheese will work too.
- Tomatoes: Chop fresh tomatoes up to fit in the individual cups.
- Green Onions: Onions are not everyones favorite but dicing them small will help and add a great crunchy texture.
- Black Olives: Drain the black olives from the can and slices them each olive.
- Plastic Tumblers: Smaller cups that are see through are best. It shows the layers as well as gives each individual just the right amount of dip.
- Tortilla Chips: A salty and thick tortilla chip is best for dipping.
- Cilantro: garnish on top for color and flavor.
How to Layer Seven Layer Dip in Individual Cups:
These individual cups are perfect for layering and seeing the colorful ingredients all come to life in the plastic cups. It is best to start with the thick refried beans on bottom giving it a base to start then adding guacamole that also holds strong. Sour cream to balance it out and salsa to get that hint of spice. Fresh tomatoes and olives give it texture and flavor. All dipped with tortilla chips making this dip irroestiable!
Starting with the bottom going to the top:
- Refried Beans
- Sour Cream
- Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Green Onions
- Sliced Black Olives
- Tortilla Chips
- Cilantro for garnish
How to Make Seven Layer Dip:
- Mix refried beans and sour cream: In a small bowl mix taco seasoning with refried beans. If you want to use the other half of the taco seasoning, mix it with the sour cream.
- Layer the individual cups: Layer the dip in each cup with a small spoon. I found it best to layer in this order. Refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, olives, and green onions. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Serve immediately or store: Store in the refrigerator until serving and serve with chips.
How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning:
This is such a simple recipe and it all comes together quick and easy for you to make several recipes out of this taco seasoning! This recipe can easily be doubled and use more or less to taste.
- Mix spices together. Combine all the seasonings together in a bowl.
- Store. Place In an airtight container.
Tips for Filling the Individual Seven Layer Dip Cups:
- Refried beans: To make them extra creamy add in milk or sour cream and stir together.
- Salsa: If the salsa is runny, simply drain the extra liquid before adding to the cups. This will help keep the layers solid on top of each other and won’t blend together in the cups.
- Filling the individual cups: For the refried beans, sour cream and guacamole place them in their individual ziplock bag and push the ingredients towards the bottom of a corner. Cut the corner of the plastic bag and use like a piping bag to add the wet ingredients easier and more evenly in the individual cups.
- Type of cups: To make dipping easier purchase short and wide cups that are clear plastic to see the individual layers of dip.
- Don’t have cups: Layer the seven layers in a 8×8, 9×9 or 12×14 glass pan. Adding more ingredients with each layer to fill the whole pan.
- Make individual cups ahead of time: These individual cups are best served right away because of the fresh ingredients inside them. They are simple to make and don’t take long assembling the layers in the individual cups.
More Delicious Dip Recipes:
- Must Try Jalapeño Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Insanely Delicious Hot Crab Dip
- The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken Alfredo Dip
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Individual Seven Layer Dip
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1/2 Package Taco seasoning
- 2 cups guacamole
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- 2 cups salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 to Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions sliced
- 1 2.25 ounce can of sliced olives, drained
- 9 ounce plastic tumblers
- tortilla chips
- cilantro for garnish if desired
- In a small bowl mix taco seasoning with refried beans. If you want to use the other half of the taco seasoning, mix it with the sour cream.
- Layer the dip in each cup with a small spoon. I found it best to layer in this order. Refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, olives, and green onions. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving and serve with chips.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.