This Amazing Mexican Corn Salad is hands down an all time summer favorite. Full of fresh, bright, zingy and spicy flavors, it has something for everyone!
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Crunchy, sweet, spicy and a bit salty, this Mexican salad is incredible. It is the perfect combination of flavors and it is positively addictive. You and are family are going to love this Mexican corn salad recipe. It’s easy and quick and a great salad for potlucks, BBQ’s and family dinners. With all the fresh ingredients it is going to fly off the table. Perfectly spiced, the chili powder is just enough heat to make it amazing. The cotija cheese adds a creaminess and saltiness that compliments the onions and peppers.
The wonderful thing about a corn salad like this is you can customize it to your spice level. Leave in the seeds of the jalapeno if you desire. Add a bit more chili powder, or add an extra handful of cilantro. The cilantro brings a freshness that is impeccable with the vegetables. Serve this side dish with a big bowl of watermelon, chips and salsa and your favorite main dish and you have a dinner fit for a fiesta any day of the week!
What You Need For Corn Salad
Filled with fresh, full flavored ingredients, you are going to love the way this tastes. Mexican corn salad is the perfect combination and so delicious!
- Corn: I used fire-roasted
- Red bell pepper: diced
- Jalapeño: seeded and diced
- Red Onion: diced
- Cilantro: chopped
- Cotija cheese: crumbled
- Mayonnaise:Full fat or low fat work.
- Chili Powder:Adds the heat
- Paprika: Adds color and flavor
- Half a Lime: Use a fresh lime for the best flavor.
How to Make Mexican Corn Salad
Zingy and bright this corn salad comes together quickly which makes it a favorite. All you need are a few pantry ingredients to make this the perfect side dish!
- Combine: In a large bowl combine the corn, bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion, and cilantro.
- Dressing: In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, chili powder, paprika, and juice of one lime. Add to the bowl and combine the ingredients.
- Serve: Garnish with additional cilantro and cotija cheese if desired.
Tips and Variations For Mexican Corn Salad
Mexican Corn Salad is going to quickly become your favorite. It’s hard to resist all those flavors, it is magical!
- Corn: To save time, use canned or frozen fire-roasted corn. No need to cook whichever one you use. For canned simply drain the corn before adding to the mix. For frozen, let it come to room temperature before combining. When combined with all the peppers and onions and dressing, no one can tell it isn’t fresh. This will save you time and still give you a sensational flavor.
- Peppers: Dice the peppers all the same size. It will be easier to mix and eat that way.
- Spice it up: Add more heat by leaving in some of the seeds of the jalapenos. It will get spicier the longer the salad sits.
- Change it up: Exchange the chili powder for chipotle powder, and paprika for smoked paprika to give the salad a smokey spice kick.
- Cheese: If you cannot find cotija cheese try substituting it for feta, goat, or even parmesan cheese.
- Mayo: Substitute the mayo for sour cream or greek yogurt. So the flavor change isn’t so drastic I like to do half sour cream, half mayo. The mayonnaise gives it such a smooth velvety taste and texture.
- Storage: This will keep great for up to 3 days in the fridge in a tightly sealed container. Everything tends to get soft and a bit wilty after a few days, so it’s best eaten quickly and on the day it’s made.
Mexican Corn Salad goes with just about anything. Its flavors are so complementary, you do not have to a Mexican holiday to have this on the table. You might want to make a double batch however, it disappears fast. Of course, this salad will be a favorite with the BBQ season. Fire up the grill with these favorites and serve this corn salad on the side for a dinner that will soon become a favorite.
Mexican Corn Salad
- 4 cups corn I used fire roasted
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- juice of half a lime
- In a large bowl combine the corn, bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, chili powder, paprika, and juice of one lime. Add to the bowl and combine the ingredients.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and cotija cheese if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.