This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Prime Rib Rub takes 5 minutes to make and will be a staple in your spice cabinet! It is so fresh and flavorful you won’t want to have your prime rib any other way.
I used to be nervous about cooking meat because I didn’t want to over or undercook it. I have now realized how simple it is to cook a good piece of meat with the right techniques. So often, the easiest ways to cook meat are usually the best tasting, which is why this air fryer steak is one of my favorites to whip up for my family! I also love making this brown sugar garlic flank steak and everyone always loves this perfectly tender London broil.
Rub for Prime Rib
Once I made my first seasoning blend (homemade taco seasoning) I was hooked! The flavor is so much better than store-bought, and it has fewer preservatives. I started making homemade seasoning blends for everything I used regularly in my house! An easy one that you need to try is seasoning salt and then make Italian seasoning. You will be surprised to find you already have almost everything you need.
This prime rib rub is going to be your new favorite seasoning to pull out of your cupboard. It has the perfect balance of salt, pepper, dried herbs, and a little spice. It is perfect for prime rib, and anything else you want to put it on! When I used this rub on our prime rib, my family would not stop talking about how good it was! My kids ask me to make it at least every other week because they loved it that much. I use the rub on more than just prime rib, it’s so good on any beef, chicken or pork roast too.
These simple ingredients blend together to make the best prime rib rub you will ever make. I love the freshness of the flavors when you make the blend yourself. You will fall in love with the prime rib you make with this rub.
- Kosher Salt: Kosher salt is a coarse sea salt that has great flavor and will really make a difference in this blend.
- Coarse Ground Pepper: Coarse ground black pepper is great in this rub because you can still taste when you bite into a piece of it. It fills your mouth with a warm spice and I love it!
- Italian Seasoning Herbs: I like to make my own Italian seasoning blend to keep this seasoning as fresh and flavorful as possible. It has herbs like oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder adds a little sweetness, and is less in your face than fresh garlic.
- Onion Powder: This powder adds sweet and savory flavor that you would miss if it wasn’t there.
- Smoked Paprika: You can use smoked or regular, but I definitely prefer smoked in this blend. The peppers are smoked before they are dried and it gives them a rich savory flavor.
Prime Rib Rub Recipe
Making homemade prime rib rub is so simple! Just whisk the ingredients together and store them properly. It takes just a few minutes to have a fresh prime rib seasoning that you can pull out of your spice rack anytime you need it.
- Whisk: Place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Rub: Rub the seasoning all over the prime rib making sure to get the top and bottom.
- Cook: Then cook your seasoned prime rib according to your prime rib recipe.
- Store: If you aren’t using it right away, store it in a sealed container for up to 2 months.
Tips for Using Prime Rib Rub
This seasoning blend is so easy to use in many different ways. It is a savory blend that goes great in many dishes, and you will be so glad you have it on hand.
- Cooking Prime Rib in the Oven: The oven gives a prime rib roast a really great tenderness. It is so easy to cook well, and if you want a prime rib recipe then use this one. Just follow the cooking instructions, not the flavor preparation.
- Other Ways to Use This Rub: This prime rib rub is great on other proteins. I have used it on a beef roast, chicken breast, and a pork roast. It was incredible every time! Definitely use this rub on whatever you think it will be yummy with.
Storing Homemade Spices
Even though homemade seasoning blends are made without preservatives, they still have a nice, long shelf life! Store your chorizo seasoning in a sealed jar or other airtight containers in a cool, dry place for 6 months. You’re going to love having it on hand because it works for such a wide array of dishes.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Prime Rib Rub
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Rub the seasoning all over the prime rib making sure to get the top and bottom.
- Then cook your seasoned prime rib according to your recipe.
- If you aren’t using it right away, store it in a sealed container for up to 2 months.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.