Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Maple Pork slow cooks to tender and juicy perfection in the most amazing maple mustard sauce. The flavor is incredible and will become a family favorite!
This recipe has been sponsored by the National Pork Board. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.
Bacon-wrapped pork. Have you ever heard more glorious words? Our family loves a good pork loin roast, but when you wrap it in bacon it becomes even more epic. Everything is better with bacon right? Well, this pork gets taken to a whole different delicious level!
Pork happens at least once a week at our house because it is so affordable for families. According to the National Retail Report, 2017 shows fresh pork loin roast averaging $4.46 a pound compared to 2016 at $3.88 per pound. At such a great price it makes buying pork an even easier decision and it’s no wonder that it is doubling as the most requested meat in restaurants.
The holidays are the perfect time to celebrate with pork. I wanted to get creative with this recipe and really deliver big flavor with every bite. I love cooking pork in the slow cooker and it is especially amazing when it is wrapped in bacon. The bacon helps to keep it moist as it slow cooks. This pork finishes off being so incredibly juicy and tender!
How long do you cook a pork loin roast in a crockpot?
Cover and cook your bacon-wrapped pork loin roast on low in a crockpot for 4 hours. It should reach an internal temperature of 145 F (with a light pink center) and 160 degrees F, followed by a three minute rest.
Once the pork is finished cooking in the slow cooker you prepare the glaze. This glaze is going to completely blow you away with its flavor. It is sweet maple syrup combined with a spicy brown mustard, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. The bacon-wrapped pork slow cooks in the amazing sauce and then you thicken the sauce, spread it on top of the pork and let it caramelize the sauce and bacon. The sticky caramelized maple mustard glaze on top of this pork is incredible. It is the perfect finishing touch!
This meal is going to knock your socks off. You are going to love it just as much as we did and it will become a new family fave!
Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Maple Glazed Pork
- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 7 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a 6 quart slow cooker place the pork on the bottom. Wrap the bacon around the pork layering it evenly on the top.
- In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup, spicy brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Pour on top of bacon-wrapped pork.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or until cooked through to a temperature of 145 degrees (for a light pink center) and 160 degrees. Remove the sauce from the slow cooker and heat on medium high heat in a medium sauce pan. Whisk together in a small bowl the cornstarch and water and add to the maple sauce. Let simmer until thickened.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet. Brush the top of the pork with the maple mustard sauce and broil for 2-3 minutes until the top is brown and caramelized. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
More delicious pork recipes: