Slow cooker bacon wrapped maple glazed pork cooks to tender and juicy perfection in a carmelized maple mustard sauce. The flavor is incredible and will become a family favorite!
Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Maple Glazed Pork
Bacon-wrapped pork. Have you ever heard more glorious words? Our family loves a good roast, but when you wrap it in bacon it becomes even more epic. Everything is better with bacon! Pork dinners are made at least once a week at our house because it is so affordable for families! Plus, they all taste amazing so it’s a win-win! Try pairing this pork roast with these brussels sprouts and these rolls. It’s a quick and easy dinner that will fill everyone right up!
The holidays are the perfect time to celebrate with pork. I wanted to get creative with this recipe and deliver some major flavor with every bite. I love cooking pork in the slow cooker and it is especially amazing when it is wrapped in bacon. The bacon-wrapped pork slow cooks and makes the meat super tender and juicy. Then, you put on a sticky caramelized maple mustard glaze on top of this pork and it’s incredible. It is the perfect finishing touch!
Ingredients to Make Bacon Wrapped Maple Glazed Pork
This recipe is worth every minute that you spend on it. The juicy bacon combined with the maple pork is a flavor that makes my mouth water just by thinking about it! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Pork loin roast: A roast this size will feed about 6-8 people.
- Bacon: Your bacon will cook with the posrk creating a lot of juice and flavor.
- Salt and pepper: Use these to your own taste preference.
- Real maple syrup: Using real maple syrup will give you the best flavor and depth to this meat.
- Spicy brown mustard: If you don’t want any spice at all then you can use dijon mustard instead.
- Worcestershire sauce: This is the best mixture of sweet with a little bit of tang!
- Garlic cloves: If you don’t have any fresh cloves then you can use any minced garlic that you have on hand. ½ tsp equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Cornstarch and water: These two mixed together will help to thicken the glaze.
Let’s Cook Up Some Delicious Pork!
This meal is going to knock your socks off. You are going to love it just as much as I did and it will become a new family fave!
- Wrap pork with bacon: In a 6 quart slow cooker place the pork on the bottom. Wrap the bacon around the pork layering it evenly on the top.
- Whisk: In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup, spicy brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Then, pour on top of bacon-wrapped pork.
- Cook and make glaze: Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or until cooked through to a temperature of 145 degrees (for a light pink center). Remove the sauce from the slow cooker and heat on medium high heat in a medium sauce pan. Whisk together in a small bowl the cornstarch and water and add to the maple sauce. Let simmer until thickened.
- Brush with glaze and broil: Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet. Brush the top of the pork with the maple mustard sauce and broil for 2-3 minutes until the top is brown and caramelized. Enjoy!
Tips for Cooking Pork
This bacon wrapped maple glazed pork is so good but you don’t want to eat it until it’s been safely cooked! Here are a few tips to make your pork turn out perfect.
- Use a meat thermometer: Pork is done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to double check this. You don’t want your meat to be undercooked!
- Let it rest: When your meat is done cooking, before you cut into it, then let it rest on a plate for 10 minutes. This is where the juices really settle into the meat and make it juicy and tender. Don’t skip this step!
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers of this, you can store it and save it for later! It’s so good and makes a great dinner for the next night too!
- Refrigerator: You can store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last for 3-4 days.
- Reheat: You can easily reheat leftovers in your microwave. Cover them up and then cook them at 50% power for a minute or two (or until heated through). The bacon won’t be crispy but the flavor will be there!
Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Maple Glazed Pork
- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 7 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a 6 quart slow cooker place the pork on the bottom. Wrap the bacon around the pork layering it evenly on the top.
- In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup, spicy brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Pour on top of bacon-wrapped pork.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or until cooked through to a temperature of 145 degrees (for a light pink center). Remove the sauce from the slow cooker and heat on medium high heat in a medium sauce pan. Whisk together in a small bowl the cornstarch and water and add to the maple sauce. Let simmer until thickened.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet. Brush the top of the pork with the maple mustard sauce and broil for 2-3 minutes until the top is brown and caramelized. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.