Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables is a fantastic meal with tender and juicy chicken with a delicious sweet and tangy balsamic sauce. This slow cooks to perfection with veggies making an awesome meal in one!
Spring seemed like it was just around the corner. Until we got dumped with more snow this week. The groundhog just had to see his shadow this year and curse us with six more weeks of winter. 😉 Luckily we are headed to warmer weather soon in Hawaii and can escape the winter for a bit. I may just stay in Hawaii and never come back!
I know slow cookers are pretty popular in the winter time but I use mine all throughout the year. There is just something about the slow cooker that I absolutely love. So much that I have six! Yep six. I am kind of a hoarder with slow cookers but I just love them so dang much. The meat and veggies just slow cooks all day to tender perfection.
I am also a huge lover of balsamic vinegar. You will not believe how minimal the ingredients are in this slow cooker meal and how incredible the flavors are. You don’t need a lot of ingredients when using balsamic vinegar and you just let it do its thing and add that tangy flavor that we all love.
Of course I do love using brown sugar with balsamic vinegar. It is going to add just a bit of sweet making it sweet and tangy. It is incredible!
So let’s break this meal down. An easy dump it in a slow cooker meal with minimal ingredients and it has incredible flavor. This meal is a no brainer! The chicken is melt in your mouth tender and the veggies cook to perfect tender perfection. This meal will become one that you make again and again. I know that your family will love it just as much as we did!
- 1 tablespoon. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, sliced in half
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound green beans
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Pour olive oil and garlic in the bottom of your 5-6 quart slow cooker. Line the bottom with baby carrots and potatoes. Add the chicken thighs on top.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Pour it on top of the chicken thighs and veggies.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!