Strawberry cake mix cookies are a sweet treat that is super fast and easy! Make these pink cookies for Valentine’s Day, baby showers, or any special occasion.
Cooking with cake mixes is one of the most incredible hacks for all bakers. From Neiman Marcus Bars to this Honeybun Cake or even this Apple Dump Cake, cake mixes make it that much easier to get dessert on the table.
Cake Mix Cookies
I love making delicious desserts that are so easy! Strawberries are almost in season. I can’t wait to use them to make brownies, pretzel salad, or this amazing pie! I like using fresh strawberries in cookies, but when I can’t find good strawberries (or I need that incredible pink color all over), then I love to use this strawberry cake mix cookie recipe. The strawberry cake mix gives a wonderful strawberry flavor that’s almost hard to get any other way. It’s the perfect pink color too! It’s just the right shade for any festive occasion. Because this has such a great flavor, anyone who is a fan of strawberries is going to love these cookies. They are unique but so easy, and they taste amazing!
Chocolate and strawberry are just meant to go together. With these cake mix cookies, you can mix and match your add-ins. The white chocolate chips add the perfect smooth sweetness to go with the tangy strawberry. M&M’s are a fun, colorful addition and give a deeper chocolate flavor. Another idea is to melt white chocolate to dip the strawberry cake mix cookies in and then decorate as you desire for your special occasion. Your family and friends are going to love them. And you are going to love how simple they are!
Ingredients for Strawberry Cookies
With only three ingredients, these can’t get much easier or quicker. Use your favorite strawberry cake mix for these divine cookies.
- Vegetable Oil: Canola or vegetable oil will work.
- Eggs: The eggs will bind the dough together.
- Strawberry Cake Mix: You can use your favorite cake mix brand for these. Whichever kind you have will work great!
- Optional Mix Ins: White chocolate chips, M&M’s, sprinkles (For valentines use red, pink and white M&M’s or White Chocolate for melting and dipping.)
How to Make Cookies from a Cake Mix
Because these are so simple, they come together fast and are the perfect go-to cookie when you are in a hurry. These will always come out chewy, sweet, and divine!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Then, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix: In a medium sized bowl combine the oil and the eggs. Stir in the cake mix.
- Add ins: Fold in optional mix ins if using.
- Bake: Using a small cookie scoop drop the cookies on the sheet spacing 2 inches apart. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until set. When they are done then remove them from the oven and let them cool on a rack.
- Top: If using the melted white chocolate go ahead and dip each half of the cookie and top with sprinkles.
Tips For Easy Cake Mix Cookies
These are so easy and so good that you will want to make them all the time. Go for it! I don’t think anyone will complain.
- Don’t overbake: These cookies have a fine line between done and over done. Overbaking the cake mix cookies will leave them dry instead of moist and tender. As soon as there is any browning on the cookies then you will want to pull them out of the oven. Check the first batch often to get the timing that will work best with your oven.
- Refrigerate the dough: To help the dough keep its form and bake evenly chill the cake mix cookie dough for about 30 minutes before baking. You do this because it helps the cookies not to spread.
- Use a cookie scoop: Use a cookie or small ice cream scoop to get the same shape in your cookies. It will help them cook evenly.
- Use parchment paper or silicone: Because these cookies will stick to your pan, you should line it with some parchment paper or a silicone cookie mat.
How to Store (or Freeze!) Leftover Cookies
These cookies are not only super simple to make but they are a breeze to store so that you can save some for later!
- Room Temperature: Strawberry cake mix cookies can be kept at room temperature in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezer: Make these ahead of time and whip them out when you need them most. Freeze completely cooled cookies in a freezer safe plastic sealed bag and then you can keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat them then thaw the cookies on the counter and bring them to room temperature.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce box) Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 cup m&ms
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or melted white chocolate)
- If using the melted white chocolate, dip each half of the cookie and top with sprinkles.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.