I have a small confession. I do not like sweet potatoes. I have tried to like them but they just aren’t my thing. My family loves them and Thanksgiving isn’t complete without a Sweet Potato Casserole.
Let me tell you why this is the best sweet potato casserole in town. It turns a sweet potato hater into a lover. I honestly couldn’t believe how incredible this casserole was. And that I was actually eating sweet potatoes and loving it! It is the perfect consistency and not too mushy and the combined flavors are incredible. The topping was my favorite part. A pecan brown sugar topping that gives it a little crunch and great texture. This was the best. My hubby ate half of the pan himself. I know that if you make these, you will agree that they truly are the BEST!
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare a 1½ to 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and melted butter. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- To make the topping: Combine brown sugar, flour, melted butter and chopped pecans. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until cooked throughout and the top is lightly brown.
Recipe Source Southern Food
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #62 - August 20, 2016