This Chicken Alfredo Dip is out of this world! It’s creamy, cheesy, loaded with chicken and made from scratch! Perfect as an appetizer or a casual lunch or dinner.
Hello again! It’s Ashley here from The Recipe Rebel and I have a confession for you: I’m not into dips.
I feel like people might think that’s strange, because who doesn’t love all things creamy and cheesy and excuses to eat chips for dinner?!?
The thing is, I’m not really into sour cream, or mayo, or dressings and those are the things that normally make up a hot dip (or even a cold dip, for that matter). So with this Chicken Alfredo Dip I stuck with a cream cheese and Alfredo sauce (homemade!) base, loaded it with extra cheese and chicken, topped it with cheese (obviously), and baked until totally gooey and irresistible.
Paired with some crusty bread or crackers, and some veggies (broccoli would be great with this!), you can really make it a meal in one! It’s perfect for game day or and hearty enough for when you’re entertaining and just want to make a whole meal out of appetizers (because who doesn’t love finger food for dinner?!).
You could skip the homemade Alfredo sauce and sub in store bought if you are really in a time crunch, but I really recommend taking the extra 10 minutes to make it from scratch. The flavor is out of this world, and you can add more or less cheese or seasonings to suit your tastes as it’s cooking. You just can’t beat it!
Serve this up at your next party or gathering and I can guarantee it will be a hit! But then again, once you try it you may not want to share 😉
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast (about 1 large breast)
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Add salt, parsley, and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and milk and whisk until combined. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until thickened and smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese and ½ cup mozzarella until melted.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add Alfredo sauce and beat until combined. Stir in chicken.
- Spread into a medium baking dish (1-1.5 quarts) and top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and beginning to brown, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days until ready to bake. Serve with veggies, crackers and crusty bread.