Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff takes just minutes to throw in the slow cooker! It is so creamy and delicious and will become an instant family favorite!
I just returned from a weekend in Boston and it was fabulous. First time in the city and I fell in love! Everything about the city was incredible. From all of the historic sites and beautiful buildings to the amazing food… and lobster rolls…. and canolli. Let’s be honest, the food was uh- mazing!
Although exploring an exciting new city is so much fun there is no place like home. I couldn’t wait to get back to my family. Even though reality hit when my alarm went off at 7 am, I couldn’t wait to get back into the regular routine. As soon as I got the kids to school I looked around the cupboards for ingredients and was able to throw this Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff into the slow cooker. It took under 5 minutes!
It has minimal ingredients and the chicken cooks to tender and juicy perfection in the creamy mushroom sauce. I did use a can of cream of chicken soup but if you have some extra time you can make my homemade cream of chicken soup. The sauce is so easy and creamy and perfect with some noodles tossed inside.
I loved the flavor in the creamy sauce and the mushrooms hidden throughout were awesome. This made the perfect meal for my family and is so simple we will make it again and again!
If you are looking for an easy to make slow cooker meal that your family will love, this recipe is it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10½) ounce cream of chicken soup
- 1 envelope (1¼ ounce) dry onion soup mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1 pound large egg noodles for serving
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker. Add the mushrooms. In a medium sized bowl add cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and dry onion soup mix. Mix until incorporated and spread on top of chicken and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4. Serve over noodles and top with fresh parsley and salt and pepper.