Homemade Onion Soup Mix is super easy, perfectly seasoned and tastes better than store bought mix. Making your own mix puts the mind at ease, you know exactly what’s in it, it’s cheaper and tastes amazing. It’s so simple you can whip it up whenever you need it.
Making your own mixes is inexpensive and better for you and your family. Try Homemade Ranch Mix, Fajita Seasoning and Taco Seasonings instead of buying them next time. You won’t believe how easy and how much better it tastes!
Dry Onion Soup Mix
Once you make this super easy mix you’ll wonder why you ever bought it in the first place. Perfectly balanced, nice big onion flakes and exquisite flavor. These will make every recipe you use it in taste that much better.
This mix can replace your Lipton style onion soup mix for everything you’d use it for. Mix this up for your favorite dip or add it to a recipe for intense flavor. Anyway you use it, you’ll be glad you made your own. You’ll know exactly what you’re putting in it, which is a healthy bonus.
Beefy Onion Soup Mix Ingredients
Simple ingredients for superb tastes!
- Dried Onion: I prefer the chopped dried onion, more flavor and texture.
- Beef Bouillon: If you only have cubes, crush them into granules.
- Onion Powder: Gives that extra punch of onion.
- Dried Parsley: Flavor and color
- Paprika: Adds a nice mild flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste.
Making Homemade Onion Soup Mix
So, easy there’s only one instruction! Mix all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container. It is simple to make and comes together quickly. Use this on all the recipes that call for onion soup mix.
How to Use Onion Soup Mix
Use this exactly the same way you would any other onion soup mix, but with more flavor and zing as a result of making it yourself.
- Recipe as it is: This makes the equivalent amount found in a packet, approximately 1/4 cup.
- Make More: Double, triple or quadruple the recipe and store the rest in a sealed container or jar in a cool dark place for up to 6 months.
- Dip: Mix 1/4 cup of the mix with 2 cups of sour cream for a sublime dip
- Soup: Whisk with 4 cups of water, bring to boil and then let simmer for 10 min, stirring often.
- Add it in: Onion Soup mix makes so much taste better, mix it in with rice when you cook it, season potatoes before roasting, add it to your marinades for beef, chicken or pork. And don’t forget adding it your favorite meatloaf recipe, it’ll be divine.
Tips for Easy Onion Soup Mix
- Bulk: If you can buy your spices in bulk for even cheaper mix. Stores with bulk sections often have a spice section. Also consider buying bulk spices at places such as Costco or Sam’s Club.
- Variations: There are a ton of different ways to make Onion Soup mix. Add or delete spices according to your need and taste. But obviously keep the onions.
- Onions: Speaking of onions if you can find the chopped onion flakes to use, you can use dried minced onion instead.
What to Use Onion Soup Mix in
So many ways to use this amazing seasoning!
- Easy Beef Cube Steak with the BEST Mushroom Gravy
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips
- No Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker Ham Potato Casserole
- Crockpot Apricot Chicken
Homemade Onion Soup Mix
Homemade Onion Soup Mix is super easy, perfectly seasoned and tastes better than store bought mix. Making your own mix puts the mind at ease, you know exactly what's in it, it's cheaper and tastes amazing. It's so simple you can whip it up whenever you need it.
- 4 Tablespoons Chopped Dried Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Beef Bullion Granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
Mix equals one envelope of store bought seasoning. To use as a dip, mix with 2 cups sour cream.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.