This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Asparagus is crisp, tender and delicious. This is hands down the best way to roast asparagus!
Air Fryer Asparagus
Nothing says spring quite like blooming flowers and when asparagus hits the supermarket! Asparagus is one of the first fresh vegetables to hit stores that begins the trickle of fruits and vegetables in season. Tall woodsy stalks that turn into incredibly delicious tender goodness. As a kid all I remember about asparagus that it was limp mushy green stuff I did not like. But roasting it, makes them crispy tender, bright and absolutely delectable.
Adding the lemon brightens the asparagus and adds a bit of zing. Much faster than oven roasting, air frying gives you an even better crunch and flavor. Serve these up as a side dish with your favorite main dish. Chicken, Beef, Pasta and even Fish will be a perfect addition to this tempting side. If you love asparagus or even if you are on the fence about it, you have to try it in the air fryer. It will change everything.
Perfect Air Fryer Asparagus Ingredients
Simple ingredients keep this healthy and allows the asparagus flavor to shine.
- Asparagus: One stalk for this recipe.
- Olive Oil: To help them crisp up.
- Lemon: Adds the best flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste.
Making Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus
This is faster than roasting it in the oven and the asparagus gets cooked more evenly. It is so good!
- Trim: Snap the hard ends off of the asparagus.
- Season: In a medium sized bowl add the olive oil and lemon.
- Sprinkle: Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook: Line the asparagus in an even row in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. For thinner sized asparagus check at 6 minutes.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
Hold the spear firmly by its ends. Bend it up and away from yourself by pulling both ends down. Keep bending till it snaps.What is almost magical is how each spear will snap right where the stalk turns woodsy and firm. Throw away the tough ends, all you will be left with is the tender stalks.
Picking and Trimming Asparagus
Having the best air fried asparagus begins with picking and trimming your asparagus so that it can turn out perfect. Here is how.
- Texture: Asparagus stalks should be firm to the touch and stand straight. Avoid stalks that are limp or wilted. The tips of the asparagus should be compact and closed, not spreading or soft.
- Color: A good bunch of asparagus will be a rich green color, gradually fading to white at the bottom of the stalk. If it dull in color it means it is past its peak. It is ok if the tips have a dark green or even purple hue.
- Size: Great asparagus can come in all sizes, from small to jumbo. If they are fresh they are all flavorful. What matters is that the bundle you pick is uniform in length and thickness. This preparing and cooking will be more consistent than if they are uneven in size.
- Trimming: Work with one asparagus spear at a time.
Tips and Variations for Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus
Super quick and easy, you will have a healthy full of flavor side dish in no time.
- Know Your Air Fryer: Every air fryer is a bit different, so it takes a bit of trial and error to know how yours cooks. Half way through the suggested cook time check your asparagus and give it a bit of a shake. Check again at 6 min and then again every 2 minutes till desired doneness.
- Same Size: Buy asparagus that is similar in size for even cooking. Do multiple batches for multiple bunches.
- Seasonings: Add parmesan, garlic, season salt, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning or ranch seasoning for different flavors.
- Bacon: Bacon and asparagus just go together, toss in some bacon to cook along with the asparagus. Crumble and serve as a garnish.
- Store: Keep leftover asparagus in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days in the fridge. Simply reheat for 2-3 minutes in the air fryer.
More Air Frying Recipes to Try
If you are new to the air frying craze, then you know this countertop contraption is a dream come true. It makes unhealthy food healthier, and cooks it up way faster than the oven or stove could. It also saves you from heating up the kitchen or allows you to use the oven for something else. The circulating air crisps the outside and forms immaculate crusts and cooks the insides to tender juicy perfection. You have to try these other perfected air fryer recipes. They are so good!
- Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Herb Butter
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Perfect Air Fryer Tofu
- Crispy Homemade Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Easy Homemade Air Fryer Pop Tarts
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 stalk asparagus
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of half lemon
- salt and pepper
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.