This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
These cheesy and crispy pizza quesadillas are a family favorite! They are packed with delicious pizza toppings and flavor, plus they are quick and easy and make the best on-the-go weeknight meal!
Easy meals are always a hit at our house, but that doesn’t mean they have to lack flavor! Try out these delicious Quick Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls, this super easy Air Fryer Grilled Cheese, and this yummy and classic American Goulash.
Pepperoni Pizza Quesadilla Recipe
If you know me, then you know that I am a huge fan of a quick and easy meal! I am on the go constantly with all of my kid’s activities and errands and work and life… Aren’t we all?? So whenever I can make a meal that tastes delicious and takes less than 30 minutes, you can count me IN! These pizza quesadillas are cheesy and full of flavor, and sometimes my kids actually prefer these to regular pizza!
The great thing about these quesadillas is the fact that you can easily change up the ingredients to work for you! My kids love making their own and adding in their favorite ingredients. We’ve tried bacon, sausage, ham, veggies, and every pizza topping that you can think of, and they all taste so delicious! This meal makes a great on-the-go meal for busy weeknights, especially once school has started!
Ingredients You Need to Make Pizza Quesadillas
Like I said before, you can use whatever ingredients that you have on hand for toppings on this pizza. Although I must say, this combo I have here is just about perfect! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Tortillas: I like to use flour tortillas because they are the most flexible and won’t break. But corn tortillas are a great option for those who are looking to make this recipe gluten-free!
- Pizza Sauce: You can buy a jar of this at the store, or you can easily make it at home using this recipe of mine!
- Mozzarella Cheese: I like to use freshly shredded mozzarella cheese from a block but to save time, you can use pre-shredded cheese from the store!
- Pepperoni Slices: You can only use pepperoni if you want to keep this recipe classic!
- Olives: To save time, I like to buy a can of pre-sliced olives. It makes this recipe even easier.
- Additional Toppings: Get creative and make this recipe perfect for you! Try adding in some peppers, mushrooms, or sausage.
How to Make Pizza Quesadillas
You are going to love this new go-to meal! It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and is so versatile that no one will have any complaints! I always keep the ingredients on hand so that my kids can make these for themselves whenever they want something quick and delicious to eat.
- Spread Sauce: Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on half of a large tortilla.
- Add Cheese: Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
- Layer on Toppings: Layer on the sliced pepperoni and sprinkle with Italian seasoning for extra flavor! Add any other pizza toppings you desire at this time.
- Cook: Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Fold the tortilla over and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Cut: Remove the cooked quesadilla from the pan and use a pizza cutter to slice it into triangles and enjoy! Serve with additional marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
Toppings and Variations
Switch up these pizza quesadillas by adding on your very favorite pizza toppings! Here are a couple of ideas that you can try out to make these your own.
- Fruit and Vegetables: Try adding on some bell peppers, some pineapple, some purple onions, or even some delicious zucchini!
- Protein: I love adding on a little bit more meat to my quesadillas. I like bacon, ham, or even some delicious shredded chicken. Sprinkle cheese on top (try adding a layer of parmesan cheese) to really make this extra delicious!
- Dipping Sauce: I like to dip these in some marinara sauce and my kids love dipping them in ranch.
How to Keep Leftover Quesadillas Crispy
These leftover pizza quesadillas are easy to store, and you can make your leftover quesadillas taste as crispy and fresh as if you just made them! Pop any leftovers in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit on a baking sheet that is lined with foil. Cook them for about 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is all melted.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Easy Pizza Quesadillas
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 10 pepperoni slices
- olives sliced
- additional pizza toppings (peppers, mushrooms, sausage, etc.)
- Spread the pizza sauce on half of a large tortilla.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
- Layer on the sliced pepperoni and sprinkle with Italian seasoning for extra flavor! Add any other pizza toppings you desire at this time.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Fold the tortilla over and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Remove the cooked quesadilla from the pan and use a pizza cutter to slice into triangles and enjoy! Serve with additional marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.