One Pan Chili Lime Chicken and Rice is made in one pan with minimal ingredients but is packed with amazing flavor! Your entire family will love this easy 3o minute meal!
I am OBSESSED with one pan and one pot meals. The whole idea of making a main dish and a side dish all in one pan without having to worry about separate cooking times, or dirtying up a million bakeware items is kind of genius. And I’m always looking for simple 30-ish minute dinners my family will love so anything that can be done in about a half hour is right up my alley.
This dish has SO much flavor packed into it and it only calls for a few ingredients – you can’t be that! It meets both of my big checklist items: one pan AND ready in about 30 minutes. And this dish is one you can easily customize by kicking up the spice with some chopped jalapeños, or adding corn and beans to the rice right at the end. My whole family loves this and I know yours will too!
One Pan Chili Lime Chicken & Rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- juice of 1 lime plus additional lime wedges for serving
- chopped cilantro for topping
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- Stir together chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Season chicken with half of the seasoning mixture and set remaining seasoning aside.
- Drizzle a pan with oil over and bring to medium heat. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add rice, remaining seasonings, chicken broth, and lime juice to pan and stir to combine. Return chicken to pan on top of the rice. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until liquid is dissolved.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Top with cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. Serve immediately.