Fresh peach jam can easily be made at home to enjoy all year round. Ripe Summer peaches, sugar, lemon, and pectin quickly turn into a delicious jam with no canning required.
Peach jam is versatile and can be a delicious topping to so many recipes. I love having it on hand to use whenever we need it. My kids love spooning this jam on top of French toast, drizzled over ice cream, or on warm homemade rolls right out of the oven.
What Does Peach Jam Taste Like?
Imagine fresh ripe peaches sweetened and made into a jam to enjoy on anything and everything. Your Grandmother may have spent hours making jam when you were a kid, but this peach jam recipe comes together in minutes. Delicious homemade jam has never been easier.
With just a few ingredients, you can enjoy peach jam that tastes like you spent days on it. I love old recipes that have been simplified for our day because it makes time in the kitchen easier. You’ll love these quick cinnamon rolls, my 1-hour rolls, or this delicious key lime pie that doesn’t require any baking!
Peach Jam Ingredients
Peach season is the best reason to make this peach jam. Vine-ripened peaches are perfect for making a big batch of jam to freeze and use whenever you want throughout the year. It doesn’t take a lot of ingredients to make homemade peach jam, and you will be amazed at how easy it is!
- Peaches: Fresh ripe peaches are a MUST! Simply peel, remove the pits, and dice the peaches. The sweeter the peaches are, the better the results.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice lowers the pH of the jam. It neutralizes the pectin and this helps with the setting of the jam.
- Granulated Sugar: Feel free to adjust the sugar to your liking. Just taste and adjust the sweetness before adding the pectin.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds delicious flavor to the jam.
- Fruit pectin: Pectin is a thickener that helps your jam to set.
Making Homemade Jam
Peach jam is something we have on hand in our freezer or refrigerator at all times. So why not learn how to make it from scratch? Here are the simple steps to making the best homemade peach jam you have ever tasted!
- Combine, Boil, and Cook: Place diced peaches, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a medium pot; bring the sugar mixture and peaches to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the Pectin: Sprinkle in the fruit pectin, stirring until dissolved and continuing to boil for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low and stir for one more minute.
- Pulse or Blend the Jam: Pulse the jam in a food processor until desired consistency is reached. You can make it as chunky or smooth as you like.
- Pour Jam into Containers: Ladle the jam into canning jars, but leave clearance from the top to seal the lids.
- Cool Jam: Cool the jam in the jars for 1 hour without the lid.
- Cover and Allow to Sit For 24 Hours: Seal the jars with the lids and allow them to sit on the counter for 24 hours at room temperature. Refrigerate for up to one month or freeze for one year. Makes 3, 8-oz. containers.
Tips For Making Easy Peach Jam
It is so easy to make this family favorite jam. You will reap the benefits of the prep time for months and months! Here are a few extra tips and variations to use when making this sticky-sweet jam!
- Blend Slowly: Slowly pulse or blend the jam, then you can control how chunky or smooth you like your jam.
- How to Use Homemade Jam: Spread on toast, ice cream, milkshakes, as a fresh filling in thumbprint cookies, or in a crumb cake.
- Variations: Easy freezer jam can be made using any kind of fruit. If you like berries, then you should try my strawberry freezer jam!
- Shortcut: Use frozen fruit as a substitute for fresh fruit in this recipe. Just thaw to room temperature, then follow the recipe directions.
- Freezing: If planning to freeze the jam, make sure you leave space at the top of the jar for expansion during freezing.
This peach jam will last in the freezer for up to a year. Once thawed, it will last no more than one month in the refrigerator. That is if you don’t devour it all before then!
- In the Refrigerator: Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- In the Freezer: Store in a freezer-safe, sealed container for up to one year.
Fresh Peach Jam
- 3 cups ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 ounce 1 box SURE-JELL fruit pectin
- Place diced peaches, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a medium pot; bring the sugar mixture and peaches to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle in the fruit pectin, stirring until dissolved and continuing to boil for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low and stir for 1 more minute.
- Pulse the jam in a food processor until desired consistency is reached. You can make it as chunky or smooth as you like.
- Ladle the jam into canning jars, and leave clearance from the top to seal the lids.
- Cool the jam in the jars for 1 hour without the lid.
- Seal the jars with the lids and allow them to sit on the counter for 24 hours at room temperature. Refrigerate for up to one month or freeze for 1 year. Makes 3, 8-oz. containers.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.