Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili is a little bit spicy, a little bit savory and a whole lot of perfect! Chicken perfectly cooked, topped with veggies and spices and then smothered in smooth cream cheese will definitely warm you up!
Chili is a beloved dish, it’s homey, comforting and super satisfying. If you’re looking for a variety of chili recipes to draw from add these winners to your collection for sure! The Best Ever Chili, Skyline Gold Star Cincinnati Chili, and The Best Instant Pot Chili.
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
I love an easy recipe for a busy day! You dump the chicken in, a few cans of veggies and top it with my favorite…. cream cheese! Let the slow cooker do its thang and have a delicious and warm meal ready for the family. I got this recipe down to 190 calories per cup! Seriously! I was shocked. I did my calculations like five times to make sure they were correct! And then it fills you up too! I could hardly finish the cup! It was so delicious and I loved the perfect blend of spices that made this chili absolutely delish!
This is so easy and super versatile, which makes it a great dish. Warm and comforting, it’ll bring the family running to the table. Serve this with some Cornbread or Biscuits for the perfect dinner on a cold evening.
Cream Cheese Chicken Chili Ingredients
These ingredients are all easy to find and you might have them all ready in your pantry. It’s also super easy to sub out things if you don’t have them. The great thing about chili is such a dump and cook and eat meal.
- Chicken: You can use fresh or frozen
- Tomatoes: Canned diced tomatoes such as Rotel.
- Corn: Canned corn not drained! It’ll add extra flavor and liquid.
- Black Beans: Rinse and drain these.
- Ranch Dressing Mix: Dry mix, make your own for the tastiest version!
- Cumin: A staple spice in Mexican cooking.
- Chili Powder: Adds the heat.
- Onion Powder: Creates a nice depth of flavor without the extra chunks.
- Cream Cheese: For the 190 calorie version of this use fat free cream cheese.
Making Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
Dump and wait, that’s all there is to this amazing recipe. You will not have to sacrifice flavor with this low calorie soup. Spices and velvety cream cheese make it absolutely divine.
- Spray: Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray and place the chicken in the bottom.
- Top: Next pour in the undrained corn, rinsed beans and tomatoes.
- Dump: Then place the ranch mix, cumin, chili powder, and onion powder, stir to combine.
- Place: Put the block of cream cheese on top and cover with the lid
- Cook: Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stir to combine after 2-3 hours.
Tips for the Best Tasting Chicken Chili
This recipe is so easy to adapt where you want to, it’s truly going to change the way you look at chili.
- Beans: Use different beans if you’d like. Pinto, kidney or white kidney all can be used in this chili.
- Tomatoes: Sub out a jar of your favorite salsa for the tomatoes.
- Seasoning: If you’re in a pinch and you don’t have some of the spices, you can sub them out for Taco Seasoning. It’ll taste different but will work.
- Spice it up: Add in a can of green chilies or jalapeno for a kick.
- Vegetarian: If you want to make it meatless, swap out the chicken for another can of black beans and 3 cups diced sweet potatoes.
- Creaminess: If you don’t care too much about the calorie count use full fat or low fat cream cheese. It will make it even creamier.
Again this probably won’t keep the calories down but it’ll still be within reason if you top it sparingly.
- Tortilla Strips
- Sour Cream
- Diced Green Onions
- Fridge: Store covered in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
- Freeze: Yes this can be frozen. I like to freeze it in a gallon bag and lay it flat so that it’s easier to store and stack in my freezer. It will keep for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight and heat slowly on the stove for best results.
More Soup Recipes to Sip On
Soup is so satisfying and yummy, especially on cold winter evenings. Try some of these winners for your next dinner!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
- Skinny Taco Soup
- Award Winning Cheeseburger Soup
- Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup
- The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup
SLOW COOKER CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN CHILI
- 2 chicken breasts can use fresh or frozen
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can corn kernels do not drain
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (8 oz) fat free cream cheese
- Spray Slow cooker with cooking spray and lay chicken breasts in the bottom.
- Dump the can of undrained corn, drained and rinsed black beans, and rotel on top of the chicken.
- Put ranch seasoning packet, chili powder, onion powder and cumin on top.
- Stir to combine and top with block of cream cheese.
- Cook on low for 4-6. Stir if you can after about 2-3 hours.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.