Steak fajita roll ups are fun and festive for the whole family and look extra special sautéed with bright colored bell peppers and fresh asparagus seasoned with my homemade fajita seasoning then rolled up in the flank steak. This makes for a light and delicious dinner!
Steak fajitas are the perfect combination for a fun Mexican meal. This Amazing Steak Fajitas or this Grilled Steak Fajita Skewers with Avocado Chimichurri have the same homemade fajita seasoning that is mouth watering, good!
Steak Fajita Roll Ups
Sizzle your way into this steak fajita recipe. These roll ups are just perfect for a light meal or a quick lunch when trying to stay helping. Skip the tortilla and save on carbs with this light and tasty steak fajita roll ups. I love how easily these are made and come together so quickly on a busy night. Steak roll ups are so easy to make and have a simple process that are made in less than 20 minutes. My family was devouring each of these roll ups that I was afraid I was going to have to make another set before dinner was over with. They are that delicious!
Slicing colorful bell peppers, onions and splitting asparagus in half is simple and easy plus doesn’t take too much time. My kids were in the kitchen with me helping me along the way. You know they are hungry when they are watching your every move while cooking! I added my favorite homemade fajita seasoning that is so simple to make and can be made ahead of time then stored for up to 6 months. Lastly, flank steak is already thin but pounding it to be a bit thinner helps cook evenly in the skillet. These fajita roll ups are the perfect dinner completing it with some white or Mexican Rice on the side or have them just how they are! Your family will be loving these and begging for more.
Steak Fajita Ingredients:
Simple ingredients that are sliced quickly and cooked on a skillet in less than 20 minutes. A complete meal that your family is going to love with all the flavor!
- Olive Oil: Heat the olive oil for the bell peppers, onions and asparagus to cook in.
- Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers: Slice the bell peppers thinly, then sauté and roll up in the flank steak.
- Onion: Thinly slice the onions to be sautéed with the bell peppers and added to the roll ups.
- Asparagus: cut in half and use the top part of the asparagus when sautéing and putting them in the flank steak.
- Fajita Seasoning: My homemade fajita seasoning is the BEST and adds such a “POP” of flavor to these roll ups.
- Flank Steak: Pound the flank steak until it is thin, then cut into long slices for wrapping the vegetables in.
How to make Steak Fajita Roll Ups:
First prepare and slice the vegetables then sauté them in a some oil. While they are sautéing prepare the flank steak by pounding and cutting in sections for the roll ups. Lastly, stuff the flank steaks with the fajita vegetables and cook until the steak is cooked through. It is that simple and a light, easy dinner is on the table within minutes.
- Sauté the vegetables: In a large skillet on medium high heat add the olive oil and place bell peppers, onion and asparagus inside. Add 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning into the veggies. sauté until almost tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the flank steak: Pound the flank steak until ¼ inch thick. Slice in half lengthwise and divide equally. Add the vegetables into the center and roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Cook the steak roll ups: Heat the skillet to medium high heat. Season the steak roll ups with fajita seasoning. Add them into the skillet. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until steak is cooked throughout.
More Delicious ways to Enjoy Fajitas:
- Chicken Fajita Foil Packets
- Sheet Pan Salsa Verde Chicken Fajitas
- Creamy Shrimp Fajita Pasta Skillet
- One Pan Fajita Chicken and Veggies
- 20 Minute Skillet Blackened Shrimp Fajitas
Steak Fajita Roll Ups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 onion cut into strips
- 1 bunch asparagus cut in half
- 1 fajita seasoning recipe
- 1 flank steak sliced in half
- In a large skillet on medium high heat add the olive oil and place bell peppers, onion and asparagus inside. Add 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning into the veggies. Sauté until almost tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pound the flank steak until ¼ inch thick. Slice in half lengthwise and divide equally. Add the vegetables into the center and roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the skillet to medium high heat. Season the steak roll ups with fajita seasoning. Add them into the skillet. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until steak is cooked throughout.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.