AMAZING and tender beef barbacoa that is better than any restaurant I have had! The flavor is amazing and it slow cooks to perfection!
Reason #346 why I love my slow cooker. It slow cooks beef to perfect tender and juicy melt in your mouth perfection. Is there anything better than meat that is slow cooked all day and it just falls apart because it is so tender? I don’t think so! And I am pretty particular when it comes to eating beef. It has to be tender and juicy. I just can’t do that dry and chewy beef.
My hubby is a huge fan of Chipotle. I wanted to make this barbacoa beef for him and when I heard that it is better than Chipotle’s I couldn’t wait to make it.
Just look how amazing and juicy that beef looks! It shredded so easily and the flavor is so dang good!
This beef has just enough of a kick to give it some awesome flavor and the spices come together perfectly. I love beef brisket so I used that and pan seared large cubes. It smelled so amazing while it cooked all day in my house and when it was finished it just fell apart.
My husband said that this instantly became one of his favorite meals. He thought it was even better than Chipotle and we made it right at home! You are going to love it just as much as we did!
- 4 lbs beef brisket (or beef chuck roast will also work)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 - 4 chipotle chilis in adobo
- 1¼ cups beef broth
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp salt, then more to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Cut the beef into large cubes. In a large skillet over medium high heat add the vegetable oil and sear the beef on each side. Transfer to your slow cooker.
- In a food processor add adobo chilis, beef broth, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, cloves, and lime juice. Pulse until blended and pour on top of the meat.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours. Shred the meat with two forks and turn on warm.