Awesome 7 Layer Dip is an addicting creamy dip that includes all of your favorites, like guacamole, refried beans, and sour cream! You will be amazed how simple it is to put together such an incredibly delicious dip!
If you love creating different dips to entertain your family and friends, you are not alone! For a recipe with flavors and layers similar to this 7 layer dip, but with a slight twist in presentation, try Individual 7 layer dip.
Awesome 7 Layer Dip
Layering these tasty ingredients one on top of the other makes dipping into all the delicious flavors at once possible. Not to mention the beautiful colors that are displayed when you make it in a clear dish. Every bite is bursting with the distinct flavors of each ingredient. The creamy guacamole, earthy beans, and taco seasonings are amazing together. Everyone loved this dip and it did not last long at all!
Awesome 7 layer dip is so filling and satisfying it makes a great for a snack or an appetizer. It is really perfect for any occasion. As written it is a pretty mild dip, but it is easy to customize the heat level to your preference by adjusting the salsa and taco seasoning. No doubt it will be a huge hit and maybe even a new family favorite! It’s not called amazing for nothing!
What’s in the Layers?
This short list of delicious ingredients come together so well. Some can even be made from scratch! Whether you choose to use store bought or homemade ingredients, this dip will turn out fantastic either way!
- Refried beans: Sweet, earthy flavor to start off the first layer of the dip.
- Homemade guacamole: Creamy avocado dip is full of flavor.
- Sour cream: Mix with the taco seasoning for a creamy layer of amazing flavor.
- Taco seasoning: My homemade taco seasoning is the best!
- Salsa: Chunky salsa is great or pico de gallo
- Colby jack cheese: Shredded fresh and sprinkled on top.
- Olives: Drain canned olives and slice.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Dice and sprinkle on top.
- Green Onions: Finely dice them or leave thicker for more crunch in the topping.
Let’s Make Dip!
This will definitely be my new go to dip recipe! Thank goodness it is such a simple recipe that I can throw it together easily and it looks and tastes so incredibly delicious!
- Layer ingredients: In a 8×8 inch dish layer the refried beans, and guacamole. In a small bowl mix the sour cream with the taco seasoning and layer on top of the guacamole. Then layer salsa on top.
- Add toppings: Top with shredded cheese, olives, tomatoes, and green onions.
Variations of 7 Layer Dip:
This 7 layer dip is an impressive dip that is impossible to mess up! There are many different versions of it floating around, but this is definitely the best one I have seen! Here are a few more ideas to make your finished dip even more unique to your family.
- Add toppings: Jalapenos, green chilies and cilantro are great toppings to give your dip even more personality.
- Meaty Version: Add taco meat for an even heartier version that could easily take this dip from an appetizer to a full meal.
- Chill: Cover and place the completed dip in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will bring the flavors together!
- Thick salsa: Use a thick salsa or pico de gallo so it’s not too runny.
Can You Make 7 Layer Dip Ahead?
This dip is best served shortly after making it. This is mostly because of the freshness of the ingredients, like the guacamole and pico de gallo. However, the leftovers will still be good for a 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Especially since the guacamole is between the bean and sour cream layers. Placing it in a center layer will keep it from turning brown when the air hits it. It may start looking less appealing after a couple of days, but it will still be safe to eat and taste fantastic!
More Crave-Worthy Dip Recipes:
- Insanely Delicious Hot Crab Dip
- The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip
- Bacon Guacamole
- Asiago Dip
Awesome 7 Layer Dip
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- Homemade Guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
- In a 8x8 inch dish layer the refried beans, and guacamole. In a small bowl mix the sour cream with the taco seasoning and layer on top of the guacamole. Then layer salsa on top.
- Top with shredded cheese, olives, tomatoes, and green onions.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
You are my go to for any recipes so I was looking for a layered dip recipe so I tried your dip recipe. When I made the guac, started to stop with that…it was the most delicious guac I have ever had but I had assembled all the other ingredients for the layered dip so I went for it and so glad I did. My party recipe was such a great success. This was the only dip that was gone almost as fast as I had it fixed and ready. Everyone gave me great reviews and I referred them to you. THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER GREAT RECIPE.
You’re welcome!! Thank you so much for following along!!
Stunning! It looks awesome, I was unable to envision anything better than to endeavor to make one of this day such a treats. Much gratitude to you for making it progressively interesting. I love it. Incredible occupation!
Awesome that these can be made in individual portions. Any idea if these would freeze well?