This chicken alfredo dip is out of this world! It’s creamy, cheesy, loaded with chicken, AND made from scratch! It’s perfect for an appetizer or a delicious side dish!
I go crazy over anything involving dips! They are SOO good and this one is absolutely no exception!! And while you’re making this one, go ahead and try these others! This Dill Pickle Dip, Million Dollar Dip, and this Hot Crab Dip are some of the BEST!
Chicken Alfredo Dip
If you’re new here then you probably don’t know that I love dips! Like, give me all the creamy and cheesy dips and I will be happy as a clam! Whether it’s a hot dip, a cold dip, or leftover dip that I have to scrape the bowl for, I am here for it! This chicken alfredo dip may just be my favorite. It is cream cheese and homemade Italian seasoning that is loaded with extra cheese and chicken. Then, it’s topped with cheese (obviously), and baked until it’s totally ooey-gooey and irresistible.
It’s perfect for game day or and hearty enough for when you’re entertaining! If we’re being honest here, you could even eat this as a casual lunch or dinner. Pair it with some crackers and some veggies (broccoli is especially great with this!) and you have yourself a very tasty dish! Or… you could use my personal favorite…. bread. You could use any kind of bread but I especially like bread with a hard crust. Like bruschetta or a crostini! This dip is addictive and once you make it once, you will come back to it again and again!
Ingredients in Easy Chicken Alfredo Dip
These ingredients combined together make the most creamy and flavorful chicken alfredo dip! Plus, they are simple and you probably already have them at your house! See the recipe card below for a list of exact measurements.
- Butter and flour: Mixed together, this will create a roux (a thickening agent) for this dip!
- Garlic cloves: Mince up your garlic cloves evenly. If you don’t have any fresh ones, you can use minced garlic from your fridge. ½ tsp equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Milk: You can use 1% or 2% for this recipe!
- Cream cheese: This brings that delicious tangy flavor. Plus, it works as a base for the whole dip!
- Mozzarella and parmesan cheese: Shredded cheese works the best for this!
- Chicken: A shredded rotisserie chicken is perfect for this recipe!
- Italian seasoning: This homemade Italian seasoning will be worth the extra 5 minutes to make!
- Salt and pepper: Add these flavors in to enhance the other ingredients!
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Dip
If you have 30 minutes, then you have enough time to make this chicken alfredo dip! And for 25 of those minutes, this is baking in the oven! It’s super easy and the taste will be worth every second!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small skillet over medium high heat add the butter until it is melted. Whisk in flour to create a roux.
- Whisk: Add in minced garlic and milk and whisk until smooth. Reduce heat and add in cream cheese and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Stir: Add in 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan, chicken,Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Bake and serve: Top with ½ cup mozzarella and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with crostini, broccoli and desired veggies.
Varitations To Try
Dips are a favorite of mine because I can switch things up so easily! Depending on what you serve them with, it can be totally different every time! Here are a few ideas on some things that go well with this chicken alfredo dip.
- Veggies: Vegetables are SO tasty with this dip. I like to slice up cucumbers and put a bit of this on top of each of them on a plate! Or, serve this with either cooked or raw broccoli and they go SO well together. Asparagus and peppers are delicious with it too! Really, you can’t go wrong adding any veggies to this.
- Add in some crunch: You can dip any crackers or chips or pretzels in this and they will all complement this dip so well!
- Bread: If you have any bread on hand (especially a baguette or a crostini) then slice it up and put it on a platter with this. It makes an excellent appetizer!
- Add it to pasta: This IS a dip but you can top on your pasta for a rich and filling meal! Trust me, it tastes like homemade alfredo!
- Add toppings: You can top this dip with green onions, bacon, tomatoes or parsley!
Can I Make This and Store it For Later?
YES. This chicken alfredo dip is such a great appetizer and it’s especially nice to be able to cook this beforehand. That way, you can focus your time and attention on your other side dishes or your main entree!
Make it in Advance:
- Mix but don’t cook: If you want to make this beforehand, mix it all up (but DON’T cook it) and store it in your fridge. It can be stored up to 8 hours. Take it out and cook it according to the recipe card below! Add a minute or two to the cooking time since it started out cold.
- Refrigerate: Once the dip has cooled, store it in an airtight container in your fridge. It can last up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Reheating: You can either bake it at 350 degrees for 15 minutes (or until heated through) or, you can microwave it on high for 2 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds. Either way, when you are reheating this, make sure to stir it well after so that the cream cheese doesn’t curdle!
Creamy Chicken Alfredo Dip
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella divided
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups chicken shredded rotisserie works great
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small skillet over medium-high heat add the butter until it is melted. Whisk in flour to create a roux.
- Add in minced garlic and milk and whisk until smooth. Reduce heat and add in cream cheese and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add in 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan, chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir until combined.
- Top with ½ cup mozzarella and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with crostini, broccoli, and desired veggies.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Can I make this in a crock pot?? We are having a dip day at work but we don’t have an oven to cook it..
I haven’t tried this before but you can try making the dip by following the instructions. Instead of putting it in the oven you can put it in the crockpot to warm though. Cook on low for 1-2 hours!
Looks simply delicious!!!!
This was delicious! So easy to make. I actually made some lasagna chips to go with it and it was perfect! ((I cooked lasagna noodles-cut into triangles-mixed with olive oil, parmesan and oregano and baked them. They went together so well! Thanks again 🙂
What was the old recipe? This has changed since I looked last.
Only the photos have changed and adding in tips and helpful content.
Awesome recipe! I used the almond flour and heavy cream in place of milk and flour! Definitely sharing this recipe with my sisters! Thanks so much!!!
We will make this again! My family loved it. Great recipe!
Made this yesterday, and it’s delicious!! I made it in the morning and then popped it in the oven right before the party – perfect!!
Can canned chicken be used in this recipe?
Yes, you will want to drain the chicken before adding it to the Alfredo dip. It is best to even use rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken over the canned chicken though.
Can this be made a day before and then baked? I am going to a friend’s cabin that may not have all the things I need to make it such as a hand mixer.
Yes, that is a great idea! Have fun on your trip.
This dip is rich, creamy and soooo delicious. I give it 5 stars +!
Deeeelicious! Tasty with corn chips too, but then I would halve the salt content in the dip. I found it easier to slice the cream cheese and add to the dip mixture on the stove, stir and it will slowly melt in. We doubled the chicken amount too, but that’s personal preference. Thank you for sharing this great recipe!